BatCap 5400, wanna see internals?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3234
Ya, I had to do it, I took it apart! I had to so I could repackage/rewire it for side action. Didn't someone here say I was gonna have a problem because of its size in my trunk (cough, cough...LilRob ) Well I got rid of all that bulky packaging, went over all the original solder joints and fount 3 broken joints! This means the whole top stack wasn't connected meaning I should have even better run times! I totally rewired it so that the wires exit sideways and repackaged the cells in a epoxy based fiberglass tape, sh!t was taking skin off of my fingers.... :-O Polo..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 497
*cough* tweeker *cough*

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1475
thats wicked. thanks for pics polo

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 196
Hope you don't get a flat anytime soon.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3237
"Hope you don't get a flat anytime soon."

A real man don't ride on spares, lol. My wife said the same thing and I simply said " What do I need a spare for when I have you, aren't you a spare? My girlfriend seems to think so, lol " .... :-O Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1296
"A real man don't ride on spares, lol. My wife said the same thing and I simply said " What do I need a spare for when I have you, aren't you a spare? My girlfriend seems to think so, lol " .... Polo.."

that made me laugh but i doubt u really said that

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6391
How is the battery secured in the trunk? I don't see any frames/brackets.
What'll happen if you get rear ended? Is the battery protected from sudden impact?

"My wife said the same thing and I simply said " What do I need a spare for when I have you, aren't you a spare? My girlfriend seems to think so"

I'm confused, do you have a wife or a gf or both?

If you want to save a little more gas, take out the spare and carry a tire inflator can. It costs around $10.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3239
Isaac, why do you ask so many questions? Obviously it is just to show where it is going. It will be incased in foam with supporters, even if it broke loose it will be fused and it cannot climb out of the tirewell through the box, lol. BTW- for all you nosy people, my wife and I do not get along BUT we have children and finacially it would get ugly due to the bussiness finances and all so we tolerate each other. It is one of those don't ask don't tell and when she is gone 1-3 days at a time for work, I need to get mine! Oh one other thing, my girlfriend (s) know I am married, they were hand picked for such an arrangement. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4069
Hook me up with some older and wealthy women Polo,nothing older than 40 though,thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14717
polo why don't you and the mrs take a vaction together to ramantic europe. rekindle what was once there.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3240
"polo why don't you and the mrs take a vaction together to ramantic europe. rekindle what was once there"

Righttt!!! lOl.. BTW Chad, what ya think of all those cells? Polo.. :-O

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14720
those are fukkkking bad azz. damn. looks like some sh!t in a sci-fi movie. lol.

how much does that thing weigh?

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2125
Polo, how much do those go for ? I never looked into one of them.

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1477
is that just more tape on the top of a sheet of something? the part you wrote on

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3242
I would say around 70lbs. I heard and have seen sites advertising them new for around $1100, I got a great deal on it and the charger! Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3243
Sorry JK, ya that is just a simple layer of epoxy fiberglass tape, sh!t is rated 350lbs. I am not done yet I will add a layer of something else just haven't decided.Polo..

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1489
i was gunna say that sh!t looks heavy duty. does it come in a roll like normal tape os long strip type things?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4937
thats pretty cool

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3247
Comes in a single role with a peel backing. Remove the backing and once it touches itself that is it you cannot remove it so you better be sure... :-O Polo..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2649
Looks very cool, just hoping you left some areas open for venting.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9042
Playing Frankenstein lol?

Looks awesome.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14723
polo do you have to charge that at low amp overnight?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3251
I use a 5 stage charger that charges at a rate of 30A then uses a charge algorythm (sp) with varying charge rates. It only takes a couple of hours to charge. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1774
Fck spare tires.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6406
Until you need one.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4094
Roadside assistance FTW?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2151
dayum that battery looks amazing!!
yea my sparetire is gone too..my two amps are down there. lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3256
I couldn't fit my amp in the spare tire hole, it is a damn XXX-6500! I fully charged it up after finding them broken solder joints and I have to say that this mutha fukka is loud fo sure!! I have reached the limit power wise on this sub, guarranteed! It hit so hard that I can feel flesh moving and my lips are numb, lol. Video coming soon, I can feel that, lol. Oh one other thing I bumped to work and all the way home, 2 1/2 hours of bump time and I measured the battery at 17.68V from this moring when I got home it was 16.72V and that was all by itself, no other battery and I was bumping the sh!t all the long... :-O Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4954
damn so how much power are you running to that ssx?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3257
I guess it varries, at 16V on 2ohms I think it is around 4500 and at 17V, who knows.. Definately over 4K, fcking wild, lol. What is really weird is to see the voltage level above 14.4v :-O Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1483
hey polo ... how many runs of 0 guage are u gonna be running?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3258
Hey Mike right now it isn't even connected to the alt! I have a set of special 2/0 cables that go straight to the 8400, that is it. I'm kind of like the no dimming thing, we'll see... Polo..

BTW- Existing I have two runs of 1/0 and two 50' spools of 1/0 standing by JIK, lol. Did I say I really really like the no dimming thing? :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us