Component install ...HELP PLEASE!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Strike5858

Post Number: 29
Ok i installed my zapco AG360. I am running all four channels.

6.5 components in the front, 4x6 in the back.

This is my first time installing speakers with a 4 channel amp. I have installed my subs though, so I somewhat know what im doing.

Here is what I did....
ran wire from 4x6's to amp
6.5's where components so i ran wire from the crossover thing to the amp, the tweet and speaker was wired from the crossover as well. I ran two sets of RCA cables, one for the rear and front.

Now here is my problem...when i tested it...only one 4x6 works and the rest of the speakers do not turn on. I have no idea what could be wrong. Is there a certain way im suppose to change the settings in the amp? Is there something wrong with my amp? I tried putting in the 4x6 speaker wire that worked into the different channels to see if they were not working...but it worked fine in each channel...but all the speakers are not working. Please help!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1471
make sure speaker wire from x-over to amp is working. all i can say is double check all wiring and make sure they r actually wired correctly.

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 71
Sounds like you got a top of the line amp with a bottom shelf install. You may wany to CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS!

Bronze Member
Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 37
Sometimes the amps have a 2 or 4 channel setting button you have to press, at least my Directed one does. But I think it's a wiring problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Strike5858

Post Number: 30
Your right...i do have a problem with my speakers. But I still think something is not rite with the amp. Here is why...

Like i told you, i hooked up all four channels, but only one 4x6 was working, and the component set didnt work at all. So i switched the 4x6's and found that now the 4x6 that didnt work before worked. For some reason there is a CAP (47mfd bp 100wv) on the wires. one side had the cap and the other didnt(i messed up that side while trying to unhook the stock wires) I didnt think it would make a difference but i guess it does. So the speaker with the cap wired to it works. Both speakers work though bc i wired each to the set of wires with the cap. So what does the cap doo?

Also, I had all four channels hooked up, then i removed the wires from the channel that was wired to the working 4x6. AS a result....the component sets tweeters started working but the mid was not. I think the mids are messed up but i am confused...why did the tweets only start working when i unhooked the working 4x6. When i plugs the 4x6 back in....the tweets turned off. There has gotta be something up with my amp. Have you experianced this before? Sorry for the long essay, but Im just trying to explain it the best I can.

Bronze Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 20
i would totally restart ur wiring....

1.run ur 4x9's straight to the amp make sure they work.
2.run a wire from each of ur 6.5's to ur mid terminals on ur x overs.
3.run a wire from the input on each x over to 2 amp channels.
4.run a wire from each tweet to the tweeter terminal on each x over.
5.set ur hpf to 120, and set the gain accordingly.

your welcome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us