FI BL or Q

Username: Nr9

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have expirience with these subs. I have 1200 watts to work with. I want a sub that is low and loud but also sounds good. Does anyone know what kind of SQ the BL has and how low and loud the Q can get. I plan on a single 12" install. What would be best for sql.

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 302
If im not mistaken the BL is an SPL woofer.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8837
RD Audio Elite

www.rdaudio.net

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
I'd say go with what logan said.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4926
who in this thread has heard an rd elite?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8839
<---

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4927
knew you did:-) was wondering if the other guy has.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12664
get the BL...I have Both...

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
Nah i haven't heard it but i have heard good things about it.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1463
buy my 3512

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1685
i would go with a BL. great woofer

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1593
chauncey , i didnt know you had an elite and a BL ?

anyway, both are good woofers however id take the Q over the BL because it has a tendency to play slightly lower

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2123
ive heard the Qs and the BLs. if your gearing your system towards SQ i would go with the Q sealed. anything else and the BLs would prolly work well for you especially the louder you want it.

if that amp is 1 ohm stable you could prolly power the Q nicely at 2 ohms with it.

"anyway, both are good woofers however id take the Q over the BL because it has a tendency to play slightly lower"

im running two 18" BLs, lows are the least of MY concern... :-)

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 408
Another thread where RD is shoved in when it was not even asked about initially. Anyway, I have heard both the Q and BL in a few different installs. The BL can really take some power and abuse and if tuned low can still hold a decent sound. So I vote BL.

Bronze Member
Username: Ndmstang65

Post Number: 16
i giggled.

thrice.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 977
Nick, you are on here now too!!! That's great. I hope you enjoy Ecoustics!

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 278
"Another thread where RD is shoved in when it was not even asked about initially. "

That's what happens when they make good products. They get recommended.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2123
"i didnt know you had an elite and a BL ?"

he's talking about the BL and the Q...which was the original topic of the thread

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Post Number: 16

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 978
Sorry I missed your other 15 posts in the past year lol.

I guess I should consider myself lucky I even saw one.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 409
Hey what the hell lets recommend:

RE XXX
Kicker L7
JL W7
Orion HCCA
Cadence ZRS
PowerBass 3XL
Crystal CMPx2
etc.

where they asked about by the original poster? NO

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 979
People suggest what they like on EVERY forum, regardless of what the original poster asks for.

You should know this by now.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 410
Sorry, used to forums where the question that is asked is addressed. Silly me.

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1481
denim, what forum is that cuz ive been lookin for one like that formotherfuckingeveer

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 980
I have seen countless times on SSA, people asking if they should go with JL or another mainstream brand, and having one of your forum members suggest something else. So SSA apparently isn't one of those forums.

And like JK said, please send me to that forum. I would love to join.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 411
Only when the equipment in question will not work with what the question is or the situation is desired to be. Not one single brand is shoved in their face over and over again even when not asked for.

Bronze Member
Username: Devildriver

Post Number: 51
It probably wouldn't be such a big deal if Logan didn't suggest an RD Audio product in every single thread he posts in. I haven't seen him recommend any other products since he started using RD Audio, and there is simply no way that RD Audio can be the best option in every situation; there is no product out there that is.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2597
Thank God for denim... RD is over priced, go with a BL and wang hard for less cash. Logan is an RD dick rider anyway and big harv is a noob who will go along with whatever.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 981
I guess he found something he likes, and wants to let people know about it. I agree RD can't be the answer for every single application and budget. But they do make a LOT of different lines of subwoofers, at a lot of different price points. So many applications and budgets they can accomidate.

And for every person suggesting RD like Logan does, there are probably 10 that do the same for FI. Only difference is people never say anything about it with FI. Which I don't understand because FI only have 4 different lines, opposed to RD Audio's 8.

I don't have a problem with the FI guys suggesting FI every chance they get, and I don't have a problem with the RD guys doing the same. But when one group gets pounced on while another is never questioned, that is bad for the consumer. Either put an end to both groups, or let both suggest what they want.

just my opinion.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 982
"Thank God for denim... RD is over priced, go with a BL and wang hard for less cash. Logan is an RD dick rider anyway and big harv is a noob who will go along with whatever."

Proves my point exactly. If anything similiar was said about FI, Scott, Nick, and a few other guys would be on here tearing that person apart.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2601
No they wouldn't because they don't have to push the hell out of their products because he's established in the industry and he has 20X better prices than RD has ever thought about having. I haven't seen a single thing impresive about RD yet, their subs look like sh!t, and they have DD's prices with no credability. Logan recommends their bullsh!t all the time and then now he's selling his alpha because he wants elite SPLS? That's a load of sh!t. it's because the speaker isn't that great and definately isn't worth the money.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 983
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showpost.php?p=397064&postcount=33

Just a random past FI customer who switched to an alpha. The Alpha is priced lower than the BTL as well.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 984
And why would Logan sell one RD product to pick up another, if he didn't like his first sub from the company lol? Most people won't buy from a company, if they don't like their products.

You have no first hand expieriance. RD pricing is MUCH lower than DD, their subs have some of the best sound quality out of any subs I have ever worked with, and the output on them is very impressive. All together a very solid brand.

I have worked with a few companies in the past few years. DD, SI, Sundown, IA, and now RD. I work with high end brands, and I know how a good subwoofer performs. All those companies make great products, and I wouldn't even deal with them if they didn't. Buy a RD sub and try it for yourself. Instead of saying you haven't heard anything good, test it out and let us know what you think. I would be more than happy to hook you up if you are curious to how their subs perform.

I will let the quality speak for itself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I'd hope an alpha would be priced lower than a BTL...considering it is comparing a kiwi to a watermelon, seriously overdriving one woofer and making a drop in comparison to another that is not getting overdriven in the least is completely fair right?

How about i make the claim that a SSD is louder in a drop in scenario than say a 'elite spl' in my scenario...and i wont mention how much power either has, nor any of the circumstances. From there on out everybody shall know that a SSD is louder than a 'elite spl' because i said so.

Come now Benny boy, you should know better then that. Send the man a top dog of whatever it is you sell, if it makes flatulent noises louder and seems louder then congratulations that woofer works better for him in his install, it's not going to hurt our feelings in the least. If the name of the game were to belch out spl numbers we've got many different things that we do to the woofer to make it focus on what the end user wants. We're not here to start stuff and make claims to make people buy our products nor are we going to change the designs on anything until we see fit, nor will we tweak things or sway things to get said what we want to get said. We play in our own little corner, doing our own little thing and leave everybody alone. Why can't you do the same?

Thanks

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 412
So to get back on topic, I voted BL for the original application in question.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Now to answer the OP's question. Of the choices you've made in your original post i need to know how many cubic feet of airspace you have to work with..to fully answer your question.

Thanks

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1491
jacob, what do you think about all this?

Username: Nr9

Post Number: 3
well i think 5-6 people answered the question and it seemed like more people said to go with the BL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us