Kenwood & Excelon Components?

Username: Paarlberg

Post Number: 9
Does anyone have experience with the following?

KFC-X1710P
KFC-P707

I have 2 sets of KFC-X178 (28hz - 25khz) running off an HU without an amp and they sound decent.. Not competition level, but decent. They have nice bass and seem to be clean. They have a large magnet and are built very well.

Instead of going hog wild on a system now, I was thinking about them instead of maybe the CDT CL series due to the ability to go lower in the freq range.

Post Number: 10
Or even the XXV-04S model

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4926
excelon are supposed to be alright. cdt cl isnt anything specail anyway

Username: Sqwow

California

Post Number: 7
try theseUpload

California

Post Number: 8
im a big fan of pioneer premier ts series , but since i heard the sq on these awesome speaks, you wont be disapointed

California

Post Number: 9
by the way those speakers are kenwood if you dont know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
How much and where can they be found? I can't find the specs in English.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1578
kenwoods to be were very overemphasized in the midbass section. My old manager at the shop tried the flagship set since he could get the cheap through comp and they were good but not as musically inclined as say the JL XR series. Midbass was better but overall SQ was not compared to the JL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Just heard the Kenwoods.. not as good as the older excelons.. mark them off the list of potential speakers..

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 12
ok, but the emotional series are well engineered and its the excelon version here in the u.s. , you will have to import it from japan, because they will never release it out here, also you can try the xxv o4s which they would have on ebay, and now if you want to go pioneer, then i highly recommend the ts-p720prs comps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us