Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6112
what are you going to compete in

Gold Member

Post Number: 6113
http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newsletter/car_audio_competition.htm

There are several car audio competition organizations out there. Some are newer than the others and they each have their unique style. Picking the "best" one is really a matter of personal opinion. Also keep in mind that not all organizations are in all areas. Unless you live in a large metro area you may not have local access to more than one or two organizations. Here's a breakdown of the different competition organizations and what they offer.

Car audio shows are one of the most exciting things in the car audio hobby. They bring together people of all backgrounds that share a common love for car audio and competition. There are four major car audio show competition organizations. If you think competing is right for you, check them out below. Not all car audio show organizations are available in all areas.

IASCA - The oldest car audio competition organization and also the largest. IASCA has traditionally been associated with sound quality competitions but has more recently added the idBL, an SPL (boom car) category. Their sound quality segment, SQ, has seven categories and only two power classes, 1-600 watts and 601+ watts.

USAC - Once the new kid on the block, USAC has become a major player in the sound off scene. USAC also has two competition formats, SQ (sound quality, basic and advanced categories) and SPL (boom car). USAC was started with the idea of bringing fun back into car audio competitions. There are two power classes in each SQ division (0-600, 600+) and several in the SPL competitions.

dB Drag Racing - Started and led by veteran competitor and soundoff legend Wayne Harris, dB Drag Racing is just what the name implies. Competitors boomin side by side for the title of loudest vehicle. The measurements are displayed on a large drag racing type "tree" and are very exciting to watch. dB Drag is all about SPL. If you want to be a boomer than you need to look into dB Drag Racing. Competitors are classified by the number of woofers in their system and the extent to which their vehicle has been modified.

MECA - The "new kid" is MECA. MECA classes its competitors by the extent of vehicle modification. Amateur, Stock, Modified, Custom and Master. MECA also offers SPL classes in each category.

SLAP - SLAP is an acronym for Sound Looks And Performance. SLAP has three divisions, two of which are audio related. SLAP dB is the SPL competition and is classed by the total square inches of your woofers rather than power. SLAP dBQ adds a sound quality component and is based on power classes of 1-600 and 601+. Each has separate divisions for each class.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6114
little old but they have links to check them out

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 126
like i dont know what would be the best for me to competin because i know i have good bass but i also have super good sound qaulity like i will listen to cds and hear highs i have never heard before so i guessi would competing SQ but how do they judge a car

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 127
i think i am going to try to go in the IASCA with amature SQ i will probably be posting a video soon to show the whole car and what it sounds like

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1898
tell me what your system is and ill tell you if you should go for sq...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14710
if its the system you have on your profile then i hope you did an awesome job of installing. the guys that enter sq comps have some top of the line sh!t.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2118
if you're from louisville, you may want to try out MECA

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1450
x2^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts