HiFonics BXi 1606D gain level???

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 501
i'm very lost, i set my brutus by ear but i'm wanting to set it better then that since i'm not good at the by ear method. i used a multi meter with a voltage calculator but here in lies my problem. in ac mode unlike my other amps the max voltage at all the way up is only like 25 volts or so. yet my target voltage is 44 something. i heard though tht a multimeter can be out ran by the amp meaning not fast enough to pick up the true voltage.
i'm running 4 volt preouts with a 50 hz test tone. my sub is one type - r wired to 2 ohm at 1100 watts on the amp so how do i set the gain correctly? btw thts the calculator i used http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 797
Make sure the "Sub Level" on your HU is all the way up. Volume at 75%, or your highest listening level[typically 75%].

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
it's a pioneer 4900 ib there is no sub level.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 130
ok i had the same problem with my brutus and the way i set it by the subwoofertools.com is adjust you gain to about 3/4's and then start to adjust the freq for some reason mine wouldnt put the power out until i did that so try it adjust gain and then freq lets more power come out

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
awsome, thank you i'll give it a whirl tomm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
i found out the only way my brutus puts out the voltage. is if i turn the low pass up to where i want it at around 80 hz. so i tuned it just now at about 3 am and really can't crank it but it showed the voltage just fine. only bad thing i touched the body and a amp speaker terminal 2 times on accident and let 46.9 volts zap me which hurt like hell. but thanks ben solved my problem,wheter or not i live from being zapped thats another story lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us