HU powered comps

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1249
I'm getting ready to hook up my nine4 (bridged) and diamond s600s and was wondering if it it'd be worth it to throw some focal 165a's and run em off the HU for rear fill (i drive an suv and people in the back probably wont hear music when im bumpin ahha)

also.....my rear speakers (currently coax) are in the rear ceiling and i was wondering if it would be bad to put the midbass in the ceiling and the tweeter in the back door (jeep cherokee)....mid in ceiling near rear, tweeter in door near passenger......would probably cause bad imaging right?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2640
The Hex crossovers have "RAF" rear fill connectors on them. If you want to go with rear fill just hook them up there and they will use a small amount of power from the Nine.4 (-10) for RAF. Read the manual for more info. I would wait until you hear the Hex's first... they are freakin' loud and they will pretty much fill your whole SUV with sound. I say F the passengers anyway. But try them first and crank em up and sit in back and see for yourself. They will blow your mind.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1254
i say F the passengers too! haha

yea i think ill wait til i hook em up, i cant wait...i was wondering why the hex xovers had like 8terminals

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 125
lol well i know i read some where that it said if you use a component system to always keep the mid and tweeter about a foot apart to get the best sound

Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 9
^^ not true

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14708
F the passengers FTW!!!!

i set up my sh!t so it sounds perfect for me only.

but in a suv having some rearfill does add that bit of surround sound feeling. just make sure the front is louder than the back.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1259
o the front would be for sure louder than the back, but yea suv rear fill is almost necessary...i think, but im gonna just install my diamonds and see how i like it. ill prolly fall in love

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3161
With a good set of comps and a lot of power on them, you won't need rear speakers. Especially not run off the HU, HU internal amplifiers suck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us