Need help with my new system

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 144
alright i am looking at a few options with my new system. ive kept in mind that i have a 2 jl audio 500/1 amplifier to power a 2 12 inch subs in seperate ported boxes. I havnt been in the sub market for awhile and am looking for something that is gonna hit hard. ive been looking at a JL W7, DD audio, or Ascendant audio because i have only heard great things about those companies. money isnt an issue with these subs i just need a little guidence to figure out what to get. i heard they make the HAVOC in a 12inch sub now but AA's website is down so i cant check it out. Also i am not familiar with DD so please suggest a good 12 inch sub that will run on 500 watts of power that will hit hard and last awhile. any other company is welcome to as long as they producce quality products. thanks for any help i deffiantly need it

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 254
get two 12" W6's. run one off each amp. that should get really loud and sound really good. friend of mine had 2 in a sealed box off a 1000/1 and it hurt my ears when he turned it up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
alright yea i thought i was going to go with JL anyways now were can i get one the closest dealer within my area is 62 miles away now is it safe to buy those off of ebay? and id have to make sure it was the 2007 model too right?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1432
"friend of mine had 2 in a sealed box off a 1000/1 and it hurt my ears when he turned it up."

ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
also i posted a couple days ago abotu selling my old system its on ebay right now and whatever it goes for ill sell it for as long as its not ridiculously low id like to get more than 350 for it. its got a pretty low reserve on it i think it 450 for the reserve so feel free to check it out just search 2 15inch arsenals

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 271
piss off newb, im trying to help this guy and you just gotta stick your d1ck in everyones business.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
what happened? yea thanks for the help i think the w6's would be better my amp would really push those i feel the 12w7's would need 1000/1 amp ya know

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
any other suggestions anyone? also when i get the ported box all that has to be right is the ports and the tuning right i can get it in any dimensions i want to fit in the back
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us