Got Volfenhag, Need A Box

Username: The_olds

Post Number: 1
I have two 15' volfenhag subs, with the 2400 watt amp, and a 1.5 farad capacitor, the only problem is I need a box and I planned on doing it myself... any of you guys have an idea of what would work best, I'm mounting them probably in my trunk

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2571
the best option would probably be selling your sh!t and starting over

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 707
That amp is not 2.4k rms for sure. Throw the cap away, u won't need it. Post some specs on the subs and demensions for your trunk, and I could help you.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12662
true

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 592
sell all the volf stuff to some stupid kid for a rediculous price, then buy a better setup

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 482
my cap has been good to me, but seriously it's just not helpin u one ounce with tht many watts.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6073
ill help you out what series volfenhags are they the 4715's or the 4815's... also what are your usable demensions and do you want ported or sealed.....and what type of music is this for

Post Number: 2
well I actually didn't pay for alot of this stuff, but I still don't plan on sellin it, these are the 4715's
i've only used ported box's in my truck so I don't know how it would sound in a car trunk
I listen to rap, R&B, and metal... but the metal seems to wear and tear at alot of subs, volfs seem to keep longer

Gold Member

Post Number: 6087
demensions?

Post Number: 3
all in inches 37 wide 43 long and 15 high, but my trunk has a slant in the back that measures 17

Gold Member

Post Number: 6089
looks like 8.00 cubic feet net ported to 29 hz will work.....these 15's need big boxes to sound right

Gold Member

Post Number: 2577
"volfs seem to keep longer"

haha you must be kidding...

Post Number: 4
come on you guys I just wanted some opinions on a box, not on the subs. If your gonna bash on volf why don't you suggest something better, especially at the same price

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 375
www.audioque.com

Post Number: 6
thanks big edge head, by far the most helpful

Username: Patrick_ortiz

San antonio, Tx Usa

Post Number: 9
perhaps some comp vr.s, resonant engineering subs, they have alot of diff models, some digital designs maybe but they are expensive, maybe soundstream, maybe one alpine type x.,

if youve heard them and you like them then keep em, a ported box will gve you lower and louder bass lines, but sometimes it wont have that same impact that a sealed enclosure does. plus it requires more space.....what kinda amp is it?

Post Number: 7
volfenhag, same as the subs

Bronze Member
Username: Patrick_ortiz

San antonio, Tx Usa

Post Number: 11
well if you like rock i say sealed or bandpass, it will still sound very decent with rap

Gold Member

Post Number: 2588
he will go buy a best buy bandpass box if you tell him that... man im not tryin to be a pr!ck im just saying your could do ALOT better. maybe not for the 50 bucks you spent total but you could piece together a real clean system for around 350-400 bucks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us