Sub Sonic Filter with a ported?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 467
the box is tuned to 34 hz with one type - r i posted the vid earlier. i ordered a hifonics 1606 d and ater reading spec tingleing with joy i realized it had a sub sonic filter. after i read that i remember the other day a kid telling someone on here to make sure the amp has a sub sonic filter. so what should the filter and low pass be set at for ideal conditions in a ported? i'm just tryin to find out since the amp arrive monday. help always greatly apperciated.

just for the record i never tuned a sub sonic filter before and unsure as to how it works.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4914
i'd set the ssf to about 28hz. or so and the lpf to about 70-80.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 168
^A lot of times the subsonic filter doesn't actually cut off where it's marked on the amp, it's better to do a bit of testing with that. I'd go around 30hz to be safe, but that's your call. The lower you can cross everything over the better it will sound, bringing your stage to the front. I'd say 60hz would be good, but that depends on your how beefed up your midrange is.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 122
i got the same filters on my amp and i have a bandpass box what would be some good settings do you think for me to put the LPF and the subsonic filter at

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 174
It depends on what it's tuned to, but hopefully similar.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3137
SSF should be set a few hz below the tuning frequency. Reason is that a sub becomes "unloaded" (the box provides no suspension) when played below the tuning frequency. Without the SSF it is very easy to damage the sub with too much excursion, as there is nothing holding it back.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 486
eep. good thing i didn't pound it to hell yet lol. i'll wait a few hours for me new amp and go about 30 or so hz on ss since the box s 34 hz. thks m.s. your always ther for my odd questions lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us