Ground wire

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 963
is it okay to have 4 gauge power wire and 0/1 gauge ground wire? also, is it okay to have 5 ft of ground wire? what could go wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 236
you want a short ground wire. I doubt there will be any problems with that though.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1082
Harv your a nub quit giving advice seriously and yeah Ryan aslong as your ground is thicker or as thick as your power wire then its all good it would be better if they were both the same gauge but that would be fine and yeah big feg harv was kinda right the shorter the ground the better

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 964
but 5 ft won't harm anything right? i'm running 1100 watts and can't really make it any shorter.

Bronze Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 19
no man you should be Fine...my ground wire is about 3ft long and i have no problems..i don't see why increasing the distance would cause major problems
but Ray and Harv are right u want it as short as possible

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 561
its actaully recommended that you keep the ground as short as possible, unless you're grounding to the - on the battery. and yes, as long as the ground is the same or bigger than power, you should be find.

btw, why can't you make it any shorter..where's the amp, and where are you grounding too? I cant imagine anywhere in a vehicle that you could put an amp than you wouldn't have a grounding point nearby

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
its actaully recommended that you keep the ground as short as possible, unless you're grounding to the - on the battery. and yes, as long as the ground is the same or bigger than power, you should be fine

btw, why can't you make it any shorter..where's the amp, and where are you grounding too? I cant imagine anywhere in a vehicle that you could put an amp than you wouldn't have a grounding point nearby

Silver Member

Post Number: 564
double post ...lol

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2102
triple post ya post whore...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums