Temp Install

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 316
Alright I just can't wait anymore so I am putting my cousin's sh**ty "Pioneer TS-W301R" subs cheap and about 150rms.....bur I need some bass for the rides back and forth to skool for now.

Question: Drivingreckless had design me a box 3.5cuft but the tuning I am not sure about anymore at first I said 38hz but now I am not sure I listen to all rap.These subs don't get low like other subs so what tuning do you guys recommend I really want to know today so I can get started ? I want more so SPL but a little bit of SQ if i can help it but I doubt I get much SQ from these subs ? any advice or help is appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14671
don't be surprised if that pioneer sound good. i had a premier sub and it wasn't that bad.

3.5 cuft seems a bit big for that box though. too lazy to look it up so what size sub is that?

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 317
they are 2 12" subs and it's going to be a slot-port but all I need is a good tuning freq. something that will be loud but still have some SQ

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 318
or would 38hz be just right I am not sure what do you guys think raise it up or drop it down

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14672
oh 2 subs. then 3.5 cuft is cool.

if you want a bit more sq then tune it lower. like 32hz or something. it will sound better and get lower than the 38hz. determine what frequency you want you subs to peak at and tune it to around that frequency.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 319
alright thanks chad I can always count on you to pull thru for me I will let you know how it sounds and maybe a video give me 2 days

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 320
will it still have that little bit of SPL

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11910
usually 2cuft \ pioneer 12 is good

if ur facing the box backward u can tune mid 30s but if ur facing it 4ward i suggest upper 30s ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us