Another SQL Sub Post :-)

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 182
ok well i wanted a sql setup so i was thinking either the 12" alpha or the 12" Icon? which one would get louder and which ones has better sq? just give me oppinions plz no hating in my thread :P oh and how much power can both get? like if the icons have alot better sq but cant run as much power then i might get two 10 icons... is that a bad idea?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 184
oh and i want to run about 2000 watts to subs and about 3-400 watss to speakers and i have a stock 180alternater. do i need to buy a battery and stuff or should i be fine?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1452
I've never heard and honestly dont know much about the alpha or Icon. What I can tell you is that a pair of Fi Q's would fit the power you are working with. I have a pair of 15" Q's. The SQ is very good imo. I'm sure there is something out there with better sq, but nothing I have experienced. You are probably gonna want an extra battery, and you have to do the big 3, if you havent already.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1559
must do the BIG 3, it would be nice to adleast add a nice lil sealed batt next to the amp.

the alpha is definetly made to get louder and take more power than the icon. a fine SQL woofer. the icon is geared more for SQ

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1183
hope i dont burst your bubble charles.....but good luck installing in your bmw haha its sweet that you have a stock 180 amp alt, but its gonna blow running wire...

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1184
o flcuk! just as i posted that i rememberd bmws have the batts in the trunk, or at least my cousins does.....damn haha thats gonna be the easiest car ever to run power wire!!! RCAs on the other hand......

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 185
yea the rca's are gonna be a pain in the @$$ but im sticking with my stock head unit since it has bluetooth and a ipod jack and alot of sh1t but should i buy a epicenter/jl audio cleansweep cause im not sure how i hook a sub up to the stock unit. if somebody can i explain how i do all that plus i wanna upgrade my speakers. but im confused about how you set it all up. i put a system in my old beamer. but i paid my friends older bro $20 bucks to do it.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 187
oh yea cal (or anybody else who knows) how much power can that 180 amp alt handle? like max?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2553
let's see pics of the bimmer

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 189
i will maybe in like an hour. but i think i found a perfect amp for the bimmer see the car has 4 4" speakers two components in the front and the rest in the very back but the car also has two 8 inch subs under the front two seats :-) so i found this amp to power all six things JBL GTO755.6 II is that a good amp? or should i just buy a 4 channel amp for the speakers and a 2 channel for the subs? i only need 60 rms for the speakers since there only 4" speakers....

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1193
honestly i think you should stick with the stock system sounds nice man...buttttt if you ahve the dough, id get a JL cleansweep....sh!t dude idk haha i just got off a 5 hour shift bussin tables and i cant move ill read this tomorrow and try an help you

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 190
haha yea i work on a 36 acre industrial property and im in charge of making sure the property looks nice... and when you have to look after 36 acres it gets pretty tiring.... deffinitly when i work from 7am to 3 pm everyday... lol but anyways i love the stock system but it doesnt get loud enough i want more powerful speakers and a nice sql sub.... but yea like let me show you a thread for bmw 3 seires only. its this guy upgrading his whole car but reading it makes me scared cause it seems like a really hard job :-(

heres the link
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68094

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8804
Alpha hands down.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 195
haha thanks Logan. I've seen your videos before so I know how nice it is.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 400
Glad people that have heard/tested both subs are making suggestions. Charles, the two ten's are a good a idea, we just had one person install 4 of them and his truck is flexing pretty good. Shame he is going back to Iraq before he can do much testing or adjustment.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4035
"Shame he is going back to Iraq before he can do much testing or adjustment."

It is a shame.Especially because it's all for a BS war.Anyhow back on topic,the icons seem like pretty good drivers if they are what people say they are.It won't hurt for you to try them out.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 401
Not to take the thread off topic, but what is worse about this guy is his grandmother is deathly ill and he only got home from Iraq 2 weeks ago and is about to return. I feel bad for him.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 200
sorry to hear about that Denim. but back on topic. like i said i want 2000 watts rms going to the alpha but what amp do you guys suggest?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1582
rd1750
or
sundown SAZ1500
(same board, diffrent badges)

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 203
but do those do 2000 rms? i was suggested the sundown once before..

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 356
where in dallas do you live?

i'm going to hook up my idmax in a couple weeks, suppose to be one of the better SQ/SQL subs out there.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 204
I live close to downtown

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
I wish DLS made 2000wrms amps, those are probably one of the best looking amps out there IMO and would look great in your bimmer install.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 206
i would love to come check out your idmax when you get it hooked up

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
for sure, if you stay around on this forum, i'll post pics when i get it done for sure...

premier 880prs, idmax, dls a6, seas neo & er18rnx, and now i'm looking at the jbl px300.4 amp to power the seas driver.

are you going to keep your stock speakers?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 207
Well if I get a 2000 watt sub I Dont think I'm gonna hear my stock speakers...

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
it's not the logic7 speakers right? if they aren't they probably won't keep up w/ the loud daily driver you are looking for.

are you going for sound quality any? or just straight up loudness/spl?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 208
i have the hifi system whats the standard system. and i want sound quality and loudness (sql) but i dont think the hifi system could keep up with that sub... but i think focals would

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
yeah, if you have money the utopias are good.

but if you want to save some money i would recommend using individual home drivers from places like madisound.com
best SQ for the money.

and i would do my mids and highs before sub, it will make more of a difference SQ wise and also have a little bump, but either way it doesn't matter bc you can always blend your sub in w/ your current hifi system and have good SQ w/ good bump

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 976
I have a perfectly balanced system with the 1500D. The sub can get louder, but at 3/4 volume it blends perfectly with my components when they are tunred up. The bass does make the music hard to hear sometimes, but if you adjust everything correctly it will sound great. Just make sure you have some LOUD components to keep up.

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z137/TheCarAudioGuy/?action=view&current=3047 b611.flv

SQL FTW :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
did you ever state a budget for everything?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 209
jedi i checked out madisound.com and im not really sure how to browse that site. can you maybe send me a link to some 4 inch mids? and some tweets? and i dont really have a budget. like i dont wanna spend $600 on comps cause i think its a waste but between 2-400 maybe... i just want them to be loud crisp and clear. but i dont know speaker brands aswell as i know subwoofer brands.

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
do you only need 4" midsranges? what are you using for midbass? popular tweeteres on a budget are the seas neo... if you want to do some research on the likes i would go to www.diymobileaudio.com/forum so much good information.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=149&products_ id=1466
tweeter - seas neo textile

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 210
I Meant to say midbass sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2124
alpine type R components rock and i think they are dirt cheap personally. ebay...

they have deep mounting depth though, watch out... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
you can only fit a 4" speaker?
what is the biggest size midbass you can fit and are you going to want to install them in the door or make kicks for them? most popular are 7" midbasses

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 211
jedi i checked out madisound.com and im not really sure how to browse that site. can you maybe send me a link to some 4 inch mids? and some tweets? and i dont really have a budget. like i dont wanna spend $600 on comps cause i think its a waste but between 2-400 maybe... i just want them to be loud crisp and clear. but i dont know speaker brands aswell as i know subwoofer brands.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 212
*dont know why that was posted again* sorry

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 214
the door speakers are 4" 's and the ones in the rear behind the seat are also 4" 's and like i have stated several times in this forum "the car is a lease" so i cant make the holes bigger. but i have thought about kicks but it seems like to much work unless you can help me locally... ;) oh and i think i dont have that much mounting depth for the doors.... thanks alot Jedi and everybody else for helping me... i really do appreciate it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
unless those 4" you have in your car can play from 100hz-500hz range well, you're going to be missing a lot in the lower midrange/midbass area in between the sub and those door speakers, i guess you can just see how it is w/ a sub and stock first i suppose then figure out what to do after that if you're not satisfied.

what are you planning on getting as of right now?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 215
Jl Audio Clean Sweep
Jl Audio Clean sweep summing device
12" RD audio alpha v2
either rd1750 or sundown SAZ1500 or if you can suggest something better

and im looking for comps as you know and coaxials and after i get those i'll find a 4 channel amp

and then i have to buy all the wiring and distro block...

and if i need a battery for it all i'll get a battery...

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
I'd suggest checking out Stereo Intergrity Mag, Sound Splinter RL-s, Audioque HDC3 (hasn't came out yet), and the Fi BTLs also if you haven't already. All are around the same price range as the RD Alpha you're looking at.

www.low-hz.com for SI Mag
www.soundsolutionsaudio.com for SS RL-s
www.ficaraudio.com for Fi BTL
www.audioque.com HD3

For amps either one you get should be fine, I would also check out kicker zx1500.1 if you plan on running your subs at 2ohms, they are underrated by quite a bit (should put out 1700-1900wrms @ 2ohm).

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 216
out of the five which has the best sql?

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
I would say SI Mag for best SQ, supposably the SS Rl-s is suppose to be awesome at that too. and they will all get LOUD.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 217
but I have small trunk.. Wouldn't the mag take up alot of room?

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
12" ported is 2 cuft, sealed is 1 cuft

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 218
I thought the 12" mag wasnt out yet...

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
it's been out for a while now.
http://www.stereointegrity.com/Magnum12.html

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 219
where can I buy a 12" mag?

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17731
DLS A6, badass amp to use for power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249472&page=2&highlight=si+mag

just keep an eye out on that thread, I see SI Mags go in and out pretty often.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
not that thread, but that forum/classified section

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 222
lol thanks. hey where in dallas do you live. i would love to check out your system.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4930
if it helps, here's a bnib 12" mag (and like the seller says, quite possibly the last bnib around).

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249472

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 225
lol thanks ct mike but jedi posted the same link a few mins ago lol. but i was looking for a used one to bring down that price a bit :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
carrollton/plano

I'm getting someone to build the box this weekend for my idmax, then ordering wires this weekend so it won't be installed for a week or two then you can check it out.

where by downtown do you live? are you in college?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4931
try this one, lot cheaper:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249212&highlight=mag

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 229
i live in lakewood whats east dallas. it takes me 5 mins to get to my parents building downtown.

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
that guy lives in dallas too, so you can ask for some off if you pick up. it would be perfect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us