4 12" SX's sealed or 2 15" SX's ported?

Bronze Member
Username: Caddycad

Post Number: 37
My post was deleted before. I have a 96 impala with 2 15" L7's running of a 1800rms audiobahn amp and im looking to go alot louder!

do you think 4 12" SX's in a sealed box would be louder? or 2 15" SX's in a ported box? any suggestions..

ive also been looking at the 3500rms soundstream amp, is this a good amp?

thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1557
stay away from that amp

as for the SX's i believe the 2 15's ported would be best, especially in low-end extension

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
you think the 15's would be better sound or spl wise? if i go with 15's im looking to maybe have the ports coming thru the rear deck.

so i should stay away from all soundstream amps?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6491
sx dont work in sealed sx+sealed=no love

u better going ported sx are not cool with sealed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
ok i guess i have to do 2 15's ported. how much louder can i expect the SX's to be?

the SX's im looking at are dual 4ohm, so i can run them 1ohm each getting 900rms off the amp i have now. OR get another one and have them both running 1200rms @ 2ohms.

will the extra 300 rms to each sub make much diffrence?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6495
pretty damn loud.... u need a 2500 rms amp or a 2000 rms amp so u wil run all 4 subs parallel for 1 ohm ....

300 extra watts will not make a HUGE diference but in numbers it will be maybe 0.1-.2 dbs more

u can go with a hifonic sbxi2006d will give you around 1900 rms of clean signal and iwll push the sxs nicely..

the sx are spl subs that sound nice with 900 watts rms they will sound fine... u can get the new hifonics bxi2606d that is one of the sweetest amp out is strappable underated and will run 0.5 ohms with no problems and wil lpush around 2700 rms but it cost around 400 bucks off ebay...

whatever u chose u will be fine thsoe sxs are really efficient..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us