Port Distance

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 307
Alright I am build a sub box for 2 12's with a slot-port (all on same side) my Question is does it matter how far the slot-port is from the subwoofer

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 308
by this I mean if you was to be standing in front of the box and sub and port on the same side does the distance from the exit of the slot port and the sub make a differnce

I am trying to explain this the best I can.....ok when the rearwave travels thru the port and when it exits the port the sub is like 1" from the port (this is 1 box for 2 12"s)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11894
u mean the port wall from the back of the sub ?

if ur sub has a closed backplate then i dont think it would be an isssue - however if its backplate was vented i would leave at least 2" away to allow ventilation ......

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11895
oh now see ur 2nd post - IMO no it shouldnt be an issue ,in fact port is right next to the sub in my box ......Upload

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 309
yea dats what I am asking like if you was to be looking directly at the box the distance from the sub and the slot-port wall does that make a difference if its to close would that cause port noise or any other problems and also.....

this guy that stays across the street from me had built a slot-port box for his 15" sub and the slot-port is weird it's like from the outside and then into the port the diameter changes it goes from 3"dia-4"dia. he says "it will allow air to flow out easier.What are some problems you may run into if your slot-port is not the same dia as the wave exits the port.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 310
nice setup my bro use to have the exact subs until he blew them the same way he did his visoniks,Memphis D4,power acoustiks,and RF HE2 ths list goes on.

This guy is crazy lets say again you looking into a slot-port straight back to the wall the dia is 3" and then he has it from the wall into the box is 4" dia? Tell me so I can tell him why he shouldn't do it before it's to late
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us