Hees a new idea I wanted to run past you all

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5960
speaking of trunk cars

someone should try making a box firing at a downward angle and make the box height lower by doing it so the bass can roll past the box better and into the cab

Gold Member

Post Number: 5961
if your using say 12's and your trunk hieght is low like 15 inches

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1777
What?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5966
ill give you a vid and show you what i see as a hinderance

Gold Member

Post Number: 5967
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raa8aKdV4Fo

look 1:30 into the video youll see the trunk layout what im saying is create an angle so that the hieght of the box is lower so that the bass can get into the cab better instead of tying to fire past a solid mdf box that way you can also still use the rear firing benefits as well but to a greater advantage

Gold Member

Post Number: 1780
Why worry about it. Point the sub and port forward and seal it off from the trunk and it will be louder than if you have it firing back. Also you wont get trunk rattles as bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5971
well you never know just thought id throw the idea out there.....in the end the spl meter tells the story

Gold Member

Post Number: 1783
Even if you gain .2 db unless you are a hardcore competitor I would sacrifice that little bit of spl for how much better it would sound without all the trunk rattles.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5974
rattles are bad I agree

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 204
that makes sense to me, i dont know if it would really make that big of a difference though. I don't have a trunk so I wouldnt be able to test this.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 690
i know the more the bass "rolls" before it comes out of the "cubby" of air space, and into the cab, the better. I'm behind ya 100%, sean... let me go check out your video..........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us