Need help , if i can use these speakers

Silver Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 118
i have a old toyota pickup truck that has two seats only and no back seat, i just want to get 2 speakers, what should i get, 1)component which means 2 speaker and 2 tweeters, or 2 way or 3way speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 361
You should be good to go with a comps set that fits , assuming there is stock space for both speakers. If there is not, you need to go coax. Or, you can put the woofer in where you woudl put the coax, and just mount the Tweeters somewhere close. I guess that boils down to what you want. Do you want it to sound good, or just want something to listen too ? I woudl let that be the deciding factor on what to get. What cha goin for here ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
thanks nicholas, yes i do want good sounds to match my new p690UB premier head unit

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 366
Then I would advise you go components, providing there is space for a tweeter in, either a desired location, or what ever space acoustics still allow for good sound. Also, a compt set on just a HU may not be that impressinve, though it will do. But I woudl add an amp, even if its very small, you dont need alot of power for highend. 3-ways nice, but installations is a PITA, expensive, and requires more cash in about every area. So Id recommend a decent comp set and a small amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
hey thanks again, i agree, ok then ill go buy the components on ebay, i cant wait to listen to it, im just use to having all four speakers in my previous car, but this is my first time having a pickup truck thats why im not that knowledge about the system set up on it, well anyways thanks alot for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us