Does anybody know?

Username: Slicknick

Post Number: 1
i'm trying to figure out what this is, i saw a guy that had some sort of slider installed on his dash, and when he moved it up it turned up the volume of his speakers and the bass of his subs down, and when he slid it down it did the opposite, volume down, bass up, what is that called? and if anybody knows where could i get one of those?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5952
you dont need it a volume control on your headunit will do the same........its soundmixer

Gold Member

Post Number: 5953
you dont need it a volume control on your headunit will do the same........its a soundmixer

Post Number: 2
ok, i'm not completely sure what your talking about, i'm sort of new to some of this so bear with me, what exactly is the headunit? and i would like to be able to turn the volume down so that you can only hear the bass, i was wanting to know what i need to do that and where i could get it

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2017
a headunit is also known as the radio cd player whateva u want to call it..its what u controlls all the audio stuff pretty much

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 146
why not just turn off your mid-amp, or shut off the mids/highs from the headunit, and leave the sub amp playing?

Post Number: 3
woah, that went over my head, i just wanna know what this switch is, and where i can get one, so i have control of it while i'm driving, cuz my amp will be in my trunk most likely, but i dunno what your talking about there troy, sorry

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 430
::blows brains out:: mids= your speakers in the doors the audio level in music aka the voice, guitars excetera, highs = your tweeters aka the shiny things in the center of most speakers, they produce the faint sounds like a violin or whisper. by shutting these off on the radio u filter out all the audio and leave mostly bass notes making just your sub woofer produce sound.
the device is a channel mixer, like what dj uses to spin records and remix songs. it's stupid in all reality to do it when u can just up your bass output with good power and be just as happy.

Post Number: 4
ok, i see what your talking, but i want to have control over the bass output from the front seat, so how would i do all this then? and how would i shut of the mid/highs using my headunit?

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 106
Buy an amp with a bass knob. Then you can turn the volume of your speakers up and down the way you want with your cd player, and your sub up and down with your bass knob.

Post Number: 5
yeah, but my amp will be in the trunk, and i want control of my bass from the front seat, isnt the bass knob on the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1435
this is a bass knob...

http://item.express.ebay.com/Consumer-Electronics_Car-Electronics_Car-Electronic s-Signal-Processors_HIFONCIS-AMPLIFIER-BASS-KNOB-CONTROLER-DCR-1_W0QQitemZ160045 897569QQihZ006QQptdnZCarQ20ElectronicsQ20SignalQ20ProcessorsQQddnZConsumerQ20Ele ctronicsQQadnZCarQ20ElectronicsQQptdiZ956QQddiZ945QQadiZ967QQcmdZExpressItem

Post Number: 6
alright, so i can just buy that bass knob, then hook it to my amp and i'll be able to turn the bass up and down, can you hook that bass knob up to any amp? or does the amp have to support it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5994
i think hes lookin for a way to cut outhis highs alltoger if so you can do that by hooking up switches that cuts off the highs and lets the bass amp play alone

Post Number: 7
well, i want to be able to turn the bass up and down, and the volume up and down, but separately, so i can have all bass and no other sounds, or all music and no bass, i dont know how to do that, so i was hoping somebody could tell me how

Gold Member

Post Number: 5996
with my idea you could do that

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1351
bass knob wont do that for u. u have to do it like sean said or many other ways. but if u turned the volume down and bass knob up u still wouldnt be able to hear only bass over highs. ya feels me. do it seperate like sean said

Post Number: 8
alright, well where would i get these switches hes talking about?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us