Mix n match

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 348
what mid range or small sub woofer will sound good with 2 12 inch kappa perfect subs in a big ported box and a 6.5inch kappa 60.7cs comp set. im looking for a set of midbass drivers or small sub to give the 150 to 500 hz range some more impact. but i also would like for these drivers to work as subwoofers alone becuase i may need to get rid of my subs for a while. i will be in stalling these drivers in my rear shelf so free air ability will be nice but it is not nessicary. i can install up to 4 of these but i may only install 2 and get another 6.5 inch comp set for the back or just a set of 6x9 coaxes. i will spend no more than $150 for the midbass. thanks for the help guys.

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 166
get Phoenix gold RSD 6.5 components, they are supposed to have pretty good bass alone, and im thinking about putting them in my ride too.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 349
i dont htink the RSD's will have enough bass alone however i am considering getting them abnd adding to them. what i think i am going to do is get some 8 inch mid woofers and an external xover. possible the mb quart add a woofer and then just use my stock midranges in the rear doors and hook them to the xover i get. the only problem with the mb quarts is they ar 4 hosm i really would like to see somthnig that is 2 homs and can run at 125 rms watts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
homs = ohms? I'll be buying some shortly and I'll be able to tell you how the bass sounds on them. People have said once the drivers break in a little bit the bass develops better.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 350
haha yea i suck at typing but homs =ohms. ok well let me know how they sound. idk if they will mesh well with my infinity comps though either. Im just really trying to find a 2 ohm mid range now but im not having very good luck

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 351
bump

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4874
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products_page.php?id=cx&type=midrange

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 353
very nice mike but the only problemis that is a little out of my budget.

Does anybody know how the kicker ssmb8's are?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 357
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
ordered the RSD's yesterday off amazon so hopefully they will be here soon and I can tell you how they sound

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 365
get ur rsd's yet?

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
nah probably monday

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 369
alright

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 354
madisound.com

get some Seas ER18RNX or CA18RNX excellent midbass for the price.

you will have to run active unless you have a passive crossover for them.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 370
i will probably run a passive that comes with a set of tweets or somthing. but im gonna get some cdt 6x9's an d then get some tweets with an xover that will cross into thoes cdt 6x9's and then just get 2 more 8's in the rear shelf(unless the 6x9s are enough) and then also having my 2 12 inch kappa perfects. should sound pretty nice i think.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 373
does any one think that this setup will not sound good because of mixing 2 ported 12's and 2 sealed 8's

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 384
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us