Just Wondering

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1146
Just read this and give your input if ya want.

I heard a system the other day with 2 12w6s and 2 pairs of JL XR's and it was so damn loud my ears hurt (i dont compete or hear really loud systems alot) but it wasnt the type of ear fatigue from metal tweets. It was so damn loud but sounded soo clean. After hearing this, i looked at the stats on XRs and they were really only gettin like 75 rms from a JL amp so i got to wondering how the hell does JL do that with 75 when other companies need 150 rms.

Basically my question, would a JL amp pushing 75 watts make non JL 150 rms speakers sound like that/ would a non JL amp pshing 75 rms make 75 watt rms JL speakers sound like that>

I know its not aall bout wattage, but I was thinking a Kicker amp pushing 75 rms per channel isnt that expensive so why not put that on a pair of XR's????

Would it sound that good or what? What was it in this setup that made the speakers sound so good? Was it the amps/speaker/etc/etc.....everything run off a AVH5700 (known for bad SQ) with no EQs why would this sound so damn clean. Ive got a set of diamond hex's and a nine4 on the way and im hopin theyll sound that good or better but idkhhahaha

ive typed so dman much if youve read this far lemme know what ya think!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11878
the guy probably had a really good HU (which IMO is critical to a system's sound since its like the brain -duh) & maybe the system was well tuned too .....

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1147
thats the thing though, he had a pioneer avh5700 (bad SQ) and he hadnt even tuned the system yet, it just seemed like rediculous results for such rated power. The XRs seemed like 150 rms components when theyre rated at like 65

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2508
a watt is a watt though...

cal...my speakers in my front are 150 rms, but i bet we have never even heard past 70 on them....

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1150
i thought you had 150 rms goin to em?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us