Kenwood Amps!?

Bronze Member
Username: Jasonsue22

WA

Post Number: 22
Hey, i have 2 Kicker CompVR 12" in a sealed box but i need help finding an amp to go good with them! I've found a couple and i'd like some input. or sugestions on where to find them the cheapest!!

The 1st is the Kicker ZX650.4
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ds24aPJqZ26/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=206ZX6504

The 2nd would be 2 of the Kenwood KAC-8103D
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ds24aPJqZ26/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=113KAC8103

I'm open to any sugestions or input,
Thanks

Bronze Member

WA

Post Number: 23
O and i don't want to spend more than $300 i just posted Crutchfield because they have the best info.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4861
kenwood is crap. and don't bother getting a 4 channel amp, just go with a mono. what are the vcs' of your cvrs'?

Bronze Member

WA

Post Number: 24
Sorry i don't know much, but uhh here's the link to the subs i have.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qmyBf3xx0dD/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=kicker+comp +vr+12&i=2067C12VR2

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4863
kicker 750.1 would be a good choice. or just look for another that'll do the power you want at 2ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1251
that kicker 4 channel u posted will do the job well IF the subs are single 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm.

otherwise you need to get a mono or a 2 channel bridged at 4 ohm

Bronze Member

WA

Post Number: 25
ok thanks guys, and my friend was saying that i want my amp to be more powerful than my Subs, otherwise i'll burn up the amp, Is that true, and if so to what extent

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2372
Jason

ctmike is right the kicker zx750.1 will match up fine. I've seen 3 setups just like it and they sound good. Set the gain on your amp to the volts of your head unit and no worries of anything burning up.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12652
"otherwise i'll burn up the amp, Is that true, and if so to what extent"

LOL...thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooo not true....If you adjust all of your levels correct you can underpower a sub all day...and nothing will happen

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3118
Kenwood amps = crap

Yes it is ideal for the amplifier to have more power than you actually need. But you can use a smaller amp and it will work just fine, it just won't be as loud. Setting the gain correctly is the key. Most blown speakers happen because people crank up the gain on an amp thats too small and clip the subs.

Bronze Member

WA USA

Post Number: 26
alright thanks guys. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us