Adding two more subwoofers

Username: New_wave

Post Number: 1
I am getting my car pretty soon. Right now i have a pathfinder, in a few months I will be getting either a Tahoe,Gs350, 530xi, or a pickup truck. Some vehichle in that range. Back to the main topic, i have to 10" subs in the pathfinder which i do not regret getting them i got two rockford fostgate P1s for 25 dollars brand new and an alpine amp for 200. Im adding two 12 inch sub and 2 amps in a banpass box. either 2 Slpine type R or two JL w6 or w7. I am planning on runin the 10's i have now at 220hz and the 12's at around 110hz. I have subs now which arent quite cutting it out anymore. I am not 100% sure that i want those subs i listed. I want louder subs that hit hard but still hold quality sound that doesnt totally drown out the treble. Does anyone have suggestions for adding two 12's with the 10's i have in the sealed box?

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2071
"am planning on runin the 10's i have now at 220hz and the 12's at around 110hz"

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 259
lol i think your off on your tuning there.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3170
if your subs are going to be located in the same area then why? Just do 12's in the rear low passed at 70-80hz. And then get a really nice pair of components to run 80hz and above. Overall you will be more happy with this setup since 80hz and above will sound better when played with a mid/midbass driver and is located in the front. You can thank me later :-)

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1219
lol fn noobs! nah jus playin man but listen to berny,hes the man.

Username: Shrek40

Post Number: 6
i dont get why peopel like bandpass boxes. i think they suck

Username: Shrek40

Post Number: 7
and the 12's will drown out the 10's id got with jl if u can afford it just get one 13.5 and ur set

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2515
andrew you're an idiot. i nice bandpass box will have KILLER SQL, and get really loud. just because a prefab bandpass with your rockford p1s in it sounds sh!tty doesn't mean they all do.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1050
Dont be a d!ck Joe

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 422
btw just my 2 cents but his hz hes talkin about i'm pretty deff he means watts. not hz,i second the bandpass being killer. if for pre fabs u want to see how loud they get , buy a cheap "dual" brand bandpass box with subs in them. they get loud and accurate as fucck but the woofers are crap and they toast themselves. but thats a idea cause i'm sure those woofers not in bandpass would suck azz.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1540
keith, sorry but those duals are terrible. a prefab bandpass is worse than a prefab ported and way worse than prefab sealed

Post Number: 2
no i was talkn bout hz i my low pass is set to about 150 i think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
i know duals suck, i meant as a example of what a bandpass built to specs can do for you. the example is dual built the box to the woofers specs and it pounds like a bitchhh but. the speakers can't take it and burn out. the point was a proper built bandpass. can make even the worst woofer sound like a freight train blowin through ur car. btw ur low pass should be at 80 at least.

Post Number: 3
basically i want to keep my 10's i have now and still add on two 12's i heard the alpine type r is good and the w7 but can anyone suggest sumting for a setup of two 12s added on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
depends, 2 seperate boxes or all 4 in one box and lastly u will need 2 amps so you can't just add them on another channel and if you do 4 u should stay all 10's orr all 12's and all the same brand and rms.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 341
yeah a while back i tried 4 10's and 2 15's and when i took out the 10's the 2 15's were way louder then all 6 subs. you dont wanna mix sizes or brands.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5990
^^^^ ditto same here except it was two 12's and two 8's

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5991
only way it might be worth while is sq wise crossed over in different frequency ranges but then your into a single excellent sq sub price range and less space used up to do so

Post Number: 4
i was thinking like adding the two 12's and then a seperate amp for each? that still wouldnt work out well?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us