Running 2 ohms in bridge mode

Username: Sept298901

Post Number: 1
I bought a cheap amp and sub combo from best buy. It was an Insignia amp and 2 12" insignia subs. The amp give specs for bridged at 4 ohms (360 watts) and then individual specs for the different channels, 200x2 @ 2 ohms, and 120x2 @ 4 ohms. Do you think that it is a bad idea to run this amp w/ a 2 ohm load in bridged, w/ such a cheap amp? (everything cost 70 bucks)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
SYSTEM ERROR

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 99
I wouldnt do it. A cheaper amp like that might heat up really quick and go into protect mode within minuits, which will only be a headache. Maybe even ruin it after a while. Just wire according to your subs. What ohm are they and Im guessing there single voice coil?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
the woofers i have now suck and they ate 8 ohm and i have run them in parallel to make a 4 ohm load, but i was thinking about getting two 4 ohm mtx woofers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Only get the mtx's if they are dual voice coil 4 ohm or else it wont work. what kind of mtx's are you looking at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
(left something out) you can get 8 or 2 ohms single voice coil subs and that will work also... assuming you are getting 2 subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us