Speaker Choices

Bronze Member
Username: Kosovari

Post Number: 64
Looking to upgrade my stock speakers in 99civic to something better.
6' 1/2 fronts
6'9 backs
What will sound good with a kenwood HU..
1.Infinity (ref or kappa)
2. JBL
3. Pioneer
4. Sony

please comment ur suggestions.... thnks

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 180
go ahead and take #4 off that list

Bronze Member
Username: Circa09skater

Post Number: 33
x2

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 188
Out of those i would choose the infinities. but it depends on which type of the brand you would get

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 363
I agree with Phil, on BOTH accounts. Go Infinity. I would go with a small little amp though, I woudl not run them off the HU. It wont do them justice. For that, you might as well go with sony (lol).

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4898
depends on what models your talking about

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
i was thinkin of gettin the Inifinity kappa's and their infinity amp as well... but if i was connecting them to my HU(kennwood(50x4watts)) wut speakers do you guys suggest?

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 202
1st that 50x4 doesnt mean anything. thats peak power you need to look for the rms rating or thermal power handling.(should be aroud 18-22w per channel depending on your hu)
I would still go with the infinities if running of the HU, but buying an amp for the speakers is well worth the money. You will notice a huge difference in sound quality and output.
So my advice get an amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
thnks for ur help phil... unfourtunently i dont have the budget for another amp. i got a Pioneer PRS-x340 right now. peak600watts 4-channel... so maybe i can run my speakers and 2 subs off of that? or just get the infinities and run them off the HU till i get an amp

Bronze Member
Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 31
You wouldn't be able to run subs and speakers off that amp, and even if you could, you wouldn't want the same power going to your speakers and subs. Peak doesn't mean shizzit either. Infinities were a good choice, but you should really amp them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us