12" Subs For Truck Help

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

Texas

Post Number: 27
I have a sealed box in the back seat of my 98 chevy z71 extended cab. it has 2 Kicker CVR's running on a Total T5001 amp. the cvrs have blown voice coils and i'm looking for some good replacement subs and want to stay under $175 maybe spend a bit more. i'm also interested in maybe finding another box and running a single louder sub.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1184
Go ported and get some of these http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_5_Series.htm and a new amp.

Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 8
well if your going to look real cheap and get some decen bass lighting audio has some stuff but its kinda lower end stuff

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1185
^lmfao!! dont get those

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4855
"lighting audio has some stuff but its kinda lower end stuff"

kinda lower end? it's right there at the bottom. never recommend crap to anyone, either good suggestions or nothing at all please.

Username: Shrek40

Post Number: 1
if i were you id go with either rockford fosgate or jl audio.Both of these are not cheap but they are worth the money.the next thing is u need a down firing box in that truck. it will make the subs hit lower,cleaner,and harder. ive got a 99 silverado with 2 treo engineering ssx 12'2 powered by a T1500-1bd rockford amp and a down firing box, and it sounds almost as clean as jl's and a lot cleaner than rockford fosgate.

Post Number: 2
AND if u want one speaker i cant think of any 175 dollar speakers that one of them would sound really good. its all about the box though. if i were u id get a jl w3v2 15 and put that mofo in a down firing box.that would sound awesome in that truck

Post Number: 3
lightning audio blows, audiobahn blows, sony blows. i had a kicker 1200.1 runnin two audiobahn "flame" q series 12's and i caught both subs on fire not just blown but actual flames on the voice coils. no lie

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2513
andrew... if you have 2 ssxs and are only running 1500 watts total then you are WAY underpowering them. in fact you're underpowering 1 of those subs... not to mention an SSX would destroy a jl w3 in SQL... fosgates subs shouldn't be recommended unless you are looking at an old hx2 for spl...

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2072
"if i were you id go with either rockford fosgate or jl audio.Both of these are not cheap but they are worth the money."

dumbass :-)

"i caught both subs on fire not just blown but actual flames on the voice coils. no lie"

You have no idea what you're doing :-)

Please STFU

Matt, I say go with an Audioque SD2.5 15" if you can fit 1 15"

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1227
hmm joe that recomendation sounds familiar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us