Sub position

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 285
Alright from past "experince" which sub direction will yield the best SPL facing the subs towards trunk or into cabin ? See the thing is I have a 1995 Saturn SL2 I have fold down seats and a small trunk area the box that I have fit for my 2 12's is 3.5cuft and ported 40hz and if I have the subs face the cabin it is just about sealing them off from the trunk."For example if I face them into the cabin and fold down my seats I can't see nothing but the subs because the box takes up virtually the whole trunk"

Do you think I should face them towards the cabin and pushed the box all the way to the backseats so then the bass can reflect off the backseats would this make a difference?

any suggestions or options

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 286
the reason I am asking and not experimenting is because I would have the take off the trunk lock piece everytime I want to change the sub direction which takes time and is frustrating

Bronze Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 43
just put it in the way you want it not use we dont have to drive the car but if it was me i would put it going into the cabin

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 287
Do you guys think I would get better SPL if I was to give each sub it's own box and port but with the same amount of Power and wouldn't that save room as well

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 288
each sub in it's own box and both ports tuned to 40hz on both boxes

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3168
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Back of a Saturn

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 345
that's sick.

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 83
damn that looks sooo clean and slick!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Actually I just thought about this... Well i was messing around today and threw my 3 12s in my back seat facing the front of the cab to see how loud it was and it wasnt very loud at all. I was like wtf thinkin this is gonna be nuts... but is sucked. So i put them back in the trunk facing the back about 1 ft away from the lid and they beat 200 times harder that in my back seat... It was odd

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 264
I have 3 Alpine type R's in the back of my SRT-4... To me they sounded alot better rear facing.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 289
I wonder how my subs would sound like if I was to build I box like the one in the pics

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Whats up with the box thats connected to the bottom of the big box? Post a finished installed pic of the trunk if you could im curios.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us