~*~*~Need help wit Kicker Setup~*~*~

Username: Jordan1980

Post Number: 1
I pray im in the right spot for starting this thread. I need some help with a kicker system im putting in my 07 Monte carlo. I have a KX 1200.1 Kicker Amp and I recently purchased 2 12" Kicker L7's, both being at two ohms in a sealed box. I want to know if that amp will push both subs and what would be the best way to wire the subs? I also want to look into adding a capacitor to the setup. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks ~tj}

Silver Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 204
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp its all there bud..... ohyeah i have the same setup as you.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1446
yes man thats a good budget spl setup ... for sure

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 79
Did those L7's came in kicker brand boxes? Just wondering becouse if so that that amp will work good becouse thats a 2 ohm final impendance per sub. If there just dual 2 ohm subs than that amp might not work...

Post Number: 2
The subs I have I bought brand new in the box. The enclosure isn't branded by Kicker. So your saying I'd be better off with 4ohm 12" Kicker L7's and exactly how would I go about wiring each sub?

Post Number: 3
Couldn't I just run both 2ohm voice coils wired in parallel to produce a single 1ohm load? The KX 1200.1 is a one ohm amp I believe?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1223
2 dual 4 ohm=1 or 4 ohm load
2 dual 2 ohm=2 ohm load
1 dual 4 ohm=2 ohm load
1 dual 2 ohm=1 or 4 ohm load

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1125
youd be best off returning the subs to get 2 dual 4 ohm L7s or returning the amp to get a zx1500 so you can run your current subs at 2 ohms

if you run 2 dual2 ohm subs at 2 ohms off a kx1200 youll only give MAYBE 400 watts a piece

Post Number: 4
I was able to return those 2 ohm subs for the 4 ohm. How do these subs need to be wired in order to reach max performance from my KX1200.1 Amp.. The amps aleady set to output a 1 ohm load correct? Also whats a good battery cap I could get?

Bronze Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 62
i thought that all kicker subs had selectable impendance

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 489
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us