I know you heard it a million times but, alpine type - r and sundown amp?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 382
i'm only running a 600 watt rms infinity amp. i'm lookin to bring up the juice but i wanna know what's safe it's one type - r 12 inch dual 4 ohm coils wired to 2 ohm. i'm about to add it to a newly built ported box.

so i was bsin with dave and he's quoting it at safely 1200 rms. i wanna make sure plus from the forums sundowns seem to be pretty bad azz. i would really like to by new but not give my soul for a price. i'm on un emp so it will be a bit till i buy it but wanna know what anyones experienced, suggests and how cheap for a budget 300 - 400 bucks max would be nice.

btw i'd be running this in a 91 olds but do to money constraints only running a 5 farad cap and 4 guage wire. don't hit me about the cap i had it for a long time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
and stock alt

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5902
stick with the 600 rms with the stock alt. in my opinion then you shouldnt have voltage issues

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6390
check your alternator if it 100 amps or more you can easily squeeze a 1500 rms amp without any problems if you do lil work like the BIG 3 and some decent wiring..

you can buy hifonics bxi1606d that will be giving you around 1500 rms watts at 1 ohm for under 250 bucks also if u see some problems that your alternator wont handle that power you can keep keep the gain at some setting that will push a desirable amount of power you want for example 900 rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
i'm not big on doin a big 3 cause m,ainly the cars not worthy it's a daily and that's about it the car was in a accident thanks to my fater and fender replaced by us blah blah but the hoods a bit washboard like and so on plus cig burns in seats from previous owner. bassiclly nice car to drive but not something i wanna go big 3 on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
that hifonics looks sick i found it at sonic electronics, anyone ever deal with them? it says 304 shipped that good or bad?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6336_Hifonics+BXi+1606D.html

Bronze Member
Username: Livingloudl7

Post Number: 72
I've had a 1606 and personally i didn't like it.. draws a good bit of power and had some other problems with it also.. if your gonna spend money on an amp 300 dollars could get you something you might not like but maybe 350-400 will get the power your lookin for and get you a good quality amp.. imo its worth the little bit extra

Gold Member

Post Number: 6398
^^^ is cuz ur a noob installing amps...

the bxi1606d will be a good hcoice for you u could set it to push around 1100 rms and be ready for the 1500 rms for later

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
my subs at 2 ohms wired to it and i think the high fonic would be steller,out of the 6 diff amps i ran none have killed any of the cars i had them in or anything else sure u get light dim very faint with a highpowered amp but even with 600 rms i gotta scream it and barely get any light dim what so ever. i'm pretty sure the alts between 80 and 105 amps, my father say 80 but online say roughly for a new bosche it's 105 amps so i think it might be 80.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6399
get that hifonics bxi1606d wire it at 2 ohms and then buy yourself another type r and wire it at 1 ohms with the 1500 rms they will handle the 1500 rms with no problems

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
sounds good i found it for like 263 shipped thanks to i malik so in the next few weeks i'll be buying it.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1242
nice

Bronze Member
Username: Livingloudl7

Post Number: 73
^^^ is cuz ur a noob installing amps...

Umm wtf? no.. I was just saying spending the extra money on better build quality is worth the extra money why would you want something thats isn't even that good when you could get something nice for a little bit extra money?

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
well, ken depends on alot of other factors , uruage for pwer ground, the alt the batt your ohm load and so on to determine the drain from the amp, also i seen the hifonics around here alot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us