Polo remember this thread

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5894
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7063

The VERY least buying a TCAB box is a learning experience!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought my TCAB box as a used box from Mark a few months ago in hopes to get a bad @ss box for my Grand Prix (2001) and maybe learn a thing or two for later experiments. I picked it up from his house (I expected a shop or somehting) which I didn't get and when he answered the door I thought he looked a little on the young side, me being 34, lol. He opened his garage to show me the box, I thought WHAT THE HELL was sticking out of the box??? I noticed it had external ports, which looked MONSTEROUS to say the least! Funny thing was he didn't even have the tube on it so I was in for a even bigger surprise when he put them on. I love radical things and don't care what others say so it didn't bother me at all. I picked up on this box and noticed, it was a lot lighter than any other box I have fealt of that size so at first I thought I got jipped, lol. I drove all the way home (40+miles) locked myself in my garage to install my sub. I went the nicer route by adding blind nuts and stainless hex-head bolts to hold the sub because I might be changing subs later on. I got it all istalled, sealed up nicely positioned it in my trunk, had to removed the Bose amp under the deck then it slid in nicely. With this box after you slide it in you have to insert the ports and add tape to secure. I got all the ports on, then the speaker wire to my Kicker sx1250, by the way the sub I am using is a 15" RE sx 15. I turned the key, ipod and radio. I made sure the gain was low, had the bass remote on my lap and started to ease the volume up. At quarter volume I noticed the bass carried much farther and started to fell hair on my arms dance, hmmm I said. I got it about half way when I noticed my wife realized I was home and said she can hear it in the house very well, unattached garage. I closed all the doors and windows then gave it 3/4 volume it just kept getting louder and louder! I went to the amp for fine tuning, I increased the gain from 1/4 to 1/2 set the DSP and brought the input voltage up from 2v to 4v and set the subsonic filter with a 48db slope, just in case. I set my bass boost to 9db @ 35hz and grabbed some young Jeeze. When I started the CD it just played sooo well, sooo loud and when I grabbed the BB remote I could show off at will, this combination just blended together soooo well. I could not believe what I was hearing and neither could anyone else! I thought to myself, I wonder why so I started to take everything apart to get answers, looked like a foreign language to me, lol. I then proceided to buy books to find out why, and it all just started to click, I was learning.... I am in no way saying I am smarter than other box builders but I now have a clue so to speak and I am takng a step to build my own box which will never be for sale at any price, I alrady own a company and don't need another head ache, lol. My point to this boring -@ss story is, you want to know how Mark does it, then buy one of his boxes and some books, maybe you will learn too, LMFAO.... (THANKS MARK!!!).. Polo.

PS- Here is one design I came up with, notice the aeros, sorry no internal views for you's....

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3768
TCAB sucks=POLO sucks

it all makes sense now

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3156
Soooo, what's your point? Driving, you suck almost as much as LilRob does so no comment from you, hash box builder,lol. BTW- People can say all they want about Mark but I have never had a problem with him not to mention I get my boxes within a week or two sooooo BOOOOYAAAAAAA

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14516
polo you said up there you went from 2v to 4v later. to be safer shouldn't you have it at 8v first? it gets louder as you drop the input volts on your sx amp.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3158
Yes Chad, If it is at 2V it will be louder because it incorporates a built in line driver as the voltage gets closer to your HU's output voltage the less the line driver works. So if you have a HU that puts out 5V then you would set it at 4V but in real world situations you need to strain the heck out of the HU to get that voltage so if you use the 2V setting the line driver kicks in and all of sudden you have a greater headroom, thus less strain on the HU trying to get that 5V, get it now? I have become pretty good with these amps.... :-) Polo.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3159
Chad one other thing, you just set the amp gain Range under System as close to you HU's voltage, you having the same as mine go with the 4V then start with you gain setting at like 4 then go from there...Polo.

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14519
ahhhhh gotcha. ima re set my amp now. no wonder it felt like its not getting as loud. i have mine set at 8v right now. lol.

you have done it again my good friend. lol. thanks again.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3160
Any other questions, hit me up! Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2518
(Raises hand) I have a question: Ummm Polo, why were you such a wide-eyed nOOb a year ago?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3169
Dude, I haven't been a noob since the 80's, soooo Push on b!tch!!

:-O Polo..

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3916
I still don't understand what you're trying to say by posting that picture.

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14524
polo you need to start playing dota.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8664
I have got to build that box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3769
hash box builder lol....okay?
you still suck polo

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3170
Hey Driving VVVVVV

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3775
congratulations...

you still suck polo

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3171
"congratulations...

you still suck polo"

Maybe, but not as bad as your boxes! :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3777
idk it seems close
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us