Who runs there power wire under there vehicle?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3154
Curious, all this time I have been getting creative in running power wire inside but I looked under the vehicle and I see many possibilities. Any pictures or ideas would be helpfull, thanks...Polo. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 643
I run mine under my vehicle. I'll get you pics tomorrow Polo :-)

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 644
didnt bump..lol

Bronze Member
Username: Chuck78

Post Number: 89
I ran mine under the car, honestly not too hard. my advice would be to make sure it's pulled tight and that you zip tie it/lock it down more than you think you should. Drill right up into your trunk and seal it with some silicon.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5885
you drilled into your trunk......id never do that

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 434
^^^^well how the f^ck else are you gonna pass the power wire lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5887
thats my point I wouldnt go under the car

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1867
im going to agree with sean, its kinda risky.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1519
then how else can u run dual 1/0 runs?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3766
ive ran it in my friends car....beleive it or not its easier to run it underneath but all you need is a wire loom to prevent engine noise

Gold Member

Post Number: 5888
I just dont like the idea of drilling into a important area like that....I always go through the firewall

Gold Member

Post Number: 5889
i ran zero gauge through my firewll in my 95 monte carlo z 34

Gold Member

Post Number: 5890
i ran zero gauge through my firewall in my 95 monte carlo z 34

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3767
pus-sy

Gold Member

Post Number: 5892
potty mouth

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2433
whats a wire loom

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5114
Try running it thru the frame and zip-tie it up. Worked great in my truck when I only had 1 run of 1/0 and 1 of 4ga.

But awhile back I gutted my truck, cut a hole in the firewall, covered it in split water-hose for protection, and did 4 runs of 1/0ga.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3157
I am gonna run dual runs of 2/0 ga wire, 16V system. Funny one side will be 16V the other will be 13.8V, should be interesting. I do like the idea od using garden hose to protect it and maybe the apropriate sized grommet should work nicely. The only danger I can see is if it was hanging down and something caught it so it needs to be Up inside the frame and with the fusing there will be less chance of damage. funny some say they would never run it outside but there is more chance of a fire running wire under carpet then under a fireproof frame. As long as everything is correctly fused there really isn't a chance for anything bad to happen. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 102
Buddy of mine got his within about 6" of his exhaust, and one day it melted through the jacket and shorted. Pretty easy to avoid something like that though.

as long as it's above the frame and as polo said, nothing can catch it, I don't see there being a problem.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 914
4 runs 1/0 of ground and 4 of power. Never had an issue. Its no riskier than frame damage which is what i would have gotten in order to damage my wires.

Nor do i think engine noise would be prevented by wire loom. In fact, i cant think of any damage that cheap crap can prevent. A good install with proper grounding seems to be "lucky" for me.

BTW, the pos memphis rcas were wadded up under the rear seat with no less than 20 lbs of ground/remote/power/voltage meter wire so i cant say id blame any of that either.

Wire below frame is as safe as you make it. After all it would be the first wire to be under your car that is +. Think about it.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2690
Ya, I run Mine under the van. No problems. I used those heavy duty zip ties to secure it. and run it thru frame areas when possible.. I then hacked a 6x8 inch piece of sheet metal out of the side wall under neath to get to the floor so I could drill 2 holes for 0/1 wire.

And far as rcas and power wires running together causeing noise? What do you think this looks like on the inside?
rcas, power, ground, rems, relays speaker wires. All stacked, crossed, bunched, stuffed inside. No noise issues.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 274
pimp my van lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11868
man i hope u secured that roof rack damn good since if u ever got into a accident that sh1t is going to come down on ur head giving u a concussion ......

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1241
that shitsssss so wild. lol i just drilled a bigger hole in my firwall for the second and third run. lol o well.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 915
TY Marc. I had no noise either. Seats would not latch for the size of the pile of BS i had there.

Every time i hear "I have noise from my pw to close to my RCA's i cant help but think wtf you did elsewhere.

Mostly i think it has to do with grounding.

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 47
That van pic is the most haggard job I have seen. 17 different amps, 5 6.5's firing down on your head, was looking bad and sounding worse your objective in this install?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2691
I did it just to piss you off. But thanks for your input, It really means a lot to me that decided to view your opinion. Keep up the good work.

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 86
You should give a breakdown and tell what piece each of those amps is pushing. Just curious cuz that looks MEAN!!!

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2693
10 Switches control all the amps. For everyday driving, its just the PG comps and sub. When the wifes in the car, just dash, and door. The only time all the suff is on is when listening to rap or other non SQ type of music. Some times the Beyma 6MI's and sub only. Depends on the mood and music that determines whats acually gets switched on.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2694
Oh yea, Mark D.

Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3173
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8850
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 40
I run mine under my vehicle.. its in electrical conduit.. works very nice:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
I call it like I them. It does look like some great clean wiring. Just not my style, I prefer the stealth look.

Silver Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 160
isnt that dangerous becuase of rain...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
What the point of displaying your cap, wire terminials, and power wire? If you drive 88 mph is it possible to go back to 1985?

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 569
unless for some reason your running bare wire rain wouldnt be a problem. Yeah, i've done it and driled a hole in the trunk with 0 gauge and never had a problem. just dont be dumb about it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
I think it is too late for that

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3197
Everyone's system is different from others, do not listen to the critics! Your system should be what makes you happy and not everyone else. I do agree you need to be carefull mounting amps on the roof like that because in a good crash or roll you would have killed everyone in the vehicle. Don't get discouraged and keep at it! Polo.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us