Bose System Upgrade

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1109
A buddy of blaine and mine has a acura 3.2tl with the stock bose system and wants us to install a system. Probably just subs for now but idk yet for sure. He definitely wants a new HU and i wanted to ask, do we really have to rewire the whole car?? Circuit city told him it was 250 dollars on top of the whole install to rewire the whole car. I just think they didnt wanna do it bc they told me the same thing with my first system but i didnt pay it and i had the stock infinity system...

ReArrangeYaMind, you have a tl, did it have bose

Killa, you also have bose in ur caddy i think

Is there a good chance all the electronic stuff is through the HU because i think its lkike an 02 so its not really brand new.

Let's hear some input, thanks as always guys

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1142
I had a 93 Maxima with a stock Bose system and i didnt have to do anything differant when i put my system in it. But im not sure about your friends car b/c i no on some vehicles with Bose systems you have to buy some kind of interface thing for it. So this post doesnt really help you,sry.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1112
right, i know i installed a HU in my buddys 04 cavalier and it ended up needing an unexpected 90 dollar interface and i felt bad and i dont wanna hve this kids acura half taken apart and find out we cant do anything about it.

ill prolly call the knowledgable gentlemen at crutchfield and act like i wanna buy somethin from them

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3162
^^^Thats what I did. My fried has a 99 Escalade. I sent them a email about the wiring harness and they said if I wasn't going to use the bose system, I can buy the standard wiring harness. He's doing components up front amped with a zx250.2. The rears are going to be connected to the HU. But if you want to keep the bose system, your going to have to buy the bose interface what you called it wiring harness.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3151
You can reuse any wiring system as long as you have the colorcodes and information. I have a 2001 GTP with Bose and I actually decoded the colors and create low level inputs for the stock Bose amp to use for the existing components. It is possible, anything is possible but highly difficult because the fact you are not here, colors can/will be different from mine. If you had the same vehicle or even manufacture I could help you but I do not want to be responsible for the destruction of another car. I will see if I can't find the color codes and you can use it as you wish...Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1116
thanks for the input guys

berny, my buddies cavalier didnt even have the bose, it just had all the door chimes and the whole electrica system was like run from teh HU for some reason and his cd player went out so i figured what the hell this will be easy....3 hours and 98 dollars later, his premier 680 was in.....thaaaat sucked

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3152
Upload

This is the color code for the plug that goes to my Bose amp. This is the same all the way to the HU so can be applied there also. Look for similarities and apply it there.Hope this helps, Polo..

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1119
thanks guys, ill let ya know how the install go if he decides to do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us