Nissan 350Z Bose Stereo Problem --- HELP

Username: Kisa31707

Post Number: 1
The left channel of my Bose system goes in an out when I play cds. This never occurs while playing the radio. Can anyone help diagnose this problem? I also want to know what my possible choices might be as far as just replacing the defective component or whatever. I know Nissan will try to gouge me when I take it in to be checked.}

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1415
its just a faulty bose headunit. best bet is to yank it out and replace. I know this because i had the same problem in my 03 Touring. So i yanked it out and installed a Double Din Navigation unit. Much happier

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/Mr_kebo/350z/?action=view&current=IMG_039 0.jpg

Post Number: 2
Thanks Mr. Kebo. I am a lady so I don't know exactly what a headunit is. What is that and are they expense to replace with original equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1515
head unit is just ur stereo. You could get a simple CD player stereo for 100-200 but if you want a rly nice one like kebo it will cost you big bucks

Post Number: 3
Thanks Snarl. I don't want to spend a dime with nissan. But my husband says this is the only way to make sure the bose system works properly. I thought I could just change out the actual stereo and still get the same sound as well as the auto adjustment for noise.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1517
well i dont personaly know but i hear its hard to put an after market stereo in a car with a bose system because theres so many channels or something...but im not quit sure. You should just take it to a dealer and have them put a new stereo (or check yours out). Then you should just get your husband to pay for all of it :-)

Post Number: 4
I know but this sux. The car only have 17,000 miles on it.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2489
I'd say go with an after market headunit. If not, and you're car only has 17,000 miles on it, then the unit should be under warranty.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2499
Nissan has had trouble with the Bose in-dash changers for many years. I have no idea why they stick with them when everything else on them is high quality. My 2001 Pathfinder is notorious for the changer giving an "error 2" message. There are some people that are pushing for a class action lawsuit because Nissan refuses to fix or replace any of them. Alot of later model Nissans have badly soldered pins on the audio output IC's which causes one channel or another to be intermittent on cd's only.

Like Reece said, the unit should still be under warranty so call Nissan and tell them how unhappy you are with such a problem on a new car.

Post Number: 5
It is older than 3 years. Warranty was over in Feb 07. I am not happy with this at all. Of course you know theyare not going to warranty the stereo.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 911
IIRC. 36k coveres everything on the Z standard. The radio was on of the things i had them replace under the 36k warranty.

Up to 60K covers drivetrain.

Replacing it was a waste, the new unit does it now as well. Many Z owners have gone thru several units.
I just hit the left side of the dash, and it comes right back on. ;)

I wont buy a stock H/U for this car. I busy modding mine at the moment so the stereo is really of no concern to me. Aftermarket is better than stock Bose, which isnt anything really good anyway. Bose exceeds/succeeds in marketing, not much else.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 912
www.my350z.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us