Advise

Username: Jedge23

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 1
can someone give me some advise on setting up a car audio system in my car it's a 1990 ford tempo

Bronze Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 24
yes welcome to my world lol i own a 1993 ford tempo 4 door and it beats what do you want to know

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 2
I want to know basically everything, what a good enexpensive amp is. where I can get some enexpensive subwoofers. and if I could take my stock speakers in my car and drop them into a subwoofer box would that work?

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 84
Do you want used or new? What's the budget- I'm asking because many people have different opinions as to what is inexpensive.

I wouldn't do anything with your stock speakers, it's fun to hook them to an outlet or something. ;) By dropping them in a box you aren't going to get good bass from them.

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 3
either it doesn't matter
probally under 500

what do you mean hook them up to an outlet?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 27
ok you budget is 500 hundred well i could work with that ok but first how much modding are you wanting to do to the car

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 4
ok your going to think I'm really stupid whats modding?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 379
modding refers to cutting, building, basiclly modifying your car. new kick panels, custom built box that type of thing.

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 5
ah ok
sorry I'm kinda young and I didn't grow up in a big town so I don't know alot about this type of stuff but I'm now getting into it. so I can build my own woofer box?
what are kick panels?
in your opinion what is the best type of amp.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 32
kickpannels are thoese small pannels o each side of your car thats under the dash and a good amp well i would say would have to be either legacy of hifonics are the two i have used and liked

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4848
don't buy legacy or hifonics, unless on a budget. hifonics are good budget amps, legacy is a waste of money. if thinking about buying legacy, send me the money instead, it'll be better spent that way. post a budget and power you'll need (and at what load) and you'll get some real suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 915
Ha ha a ford tempo ha ha. That was my 1st car too 1986 tempo. Since your buget kind of low what do you have and what do you need??? Are you looking for 10, 12, 15? SQL Or SPL?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 33
ok yeah i am on a budget but my car beats like hell the hifonics is for the subs and the legacy is for other the other speakers ooo and what i say do is to open the wholes in the door up to 6.5 put a component speaker system in the doors cut the rear deck and mount the speakers on the top and enlarge that hole to hold a 6x9 you will hear everything from the tweets straight down to the base

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 7
ok thanx
right now I'm on a budget and I want subs for my car and I don't really know anything about them so yea.
power of what? I'm mainly wanting to get two subs set up in my car. but I don't know what size I should get or what amp I should get. and if I have to build a sub box or two.

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 80
I would go with 6.5" over 6x9s (less distortion) but i guess its personal preferance really. And for the subs it depends on what music you listen to really and how you like it. Is that tempo a hatchback i forgot?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 35
ok what kinda of music do you listen to?? and heres a great place if your on a budget the amps and stufffs pretty cheap but the guys from this site probably look down on this equipment

www.etronics.com
www.cardiscountstereos.com

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 10
4 dr ford tempo
what do you mean 6.5" over 6x9s?
I listen to razakel, ICP, Godsmack, Immortal Soldiers, Nickelback, Hinder, what ever I'm in the mood for or what ever has bass.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 38
ok thats the same stuff i listen to no joke ok then you would want to go with a 10 inch sub to get tighter bass, and the 6x9 in the rear deck will scream if you get full rang hook them up to and amp and you will love them. the doors most diffenetly a comp speaker system the only way to get voices to the front

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 11
I don't use my front speakers at all I use the ones that are on the rear deck only if I turn my cd player up to 25 it shakes the whole car. lol
but first I have to get the head gasket fixed on it then I'll get the amp and sub. could I get two 10 in subs for it and hook it up with one amp?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 39
yeah sure i got mine hooked up that way i am runing two kicker cvr 10 in parrelal to a hifonics 600.1 amp they work perfect and beat real hard

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 106
If you want to have any sq at all I'd put some speakers (hopefully components) up front before anything else. Often you can get 1 larger sub cheaper than 2 smaller, so if you can fit 1 15 I'd do that over 2 10s.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 40
yes please put some speakers in the doors you will never sound any good with out them

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 12
ok so I should get one 15in sub
whats sq?
Idk what I have in the doors right now my car isn't here right now so I can't go look but I can let you know sometime with in a week
I know that I have two pretty good speakers in the deck Idk what kind but I can take a look.
now I need to know:
what type of amp I'm going to get. and how to know if I get the right one

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 41
i would recomend hifonics they are pretty good but cant give you a diffent amp until you let us know what sub

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 13
hifonics for subs I'll take a look at what I can get

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 44
not hifonics for subs but for the amp

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 14
oh ok
what about the sub would pioneers work?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 46
yeah sure for a starter system

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 15
well I don't like ordering stuff off the internet so yea and like the only stores that sell them around here are walmart they have pioneer, target has boss blade, Idk about the other two stores bc they don't have websites. so I'll check those out sometime this week. and let you know. what brand would you saquest

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4849
damn, don't want to order subs off the internet, but are actually considering buying that crap. shame. out of those choices pioneer for sure but it's not like pioneer are really good. and boss is absolute shi_t.

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 16
ok I'd order them off the internet but I don't really trust it to much
what ones off the internet would you recamind

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 47
try these people they havent miss treated me yet
www.etronics.com
www.cardiscountstereos.com
www.buy.com

these place i trust well

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 17
ok I can't order them right now I have to wait alittle while
but what type of sub do you think I should look at getting

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 82
what is you budget for just the sub(s). I think with the music you listen to 2 10inchers would be good. For the same price your gonna spend at target on one janky azz sub you can almost buy 2 better subs online.

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 18
my budget is 500 for all I am thinking maybe alittle more depends on if I can get a better job somewhere.
target has boss and walmart has pioneer. I am going to look at overbeaks on monday, and radioshack on monday also. to see what they have.
what brands should I be looking for?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4850
what brands to look at? about all brands they don't sell at target, walmart, radio shack, circuit city, and best buy. hope that helps.

pair of maw12s' - about $170 shipped
zed audio minilith - about $270 shipped
total - $440, give or take

pair of rd audio classic 12"s - $300 shipped
cadence txa1000d - $199 shipped
total - $499

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=155

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=150

just some to look at, since you're getting alot of bad info here. it's like the blind leading the blind in this thread.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 48
ok well thats nice mike but ya know he asked a question i answered him and you going to say its like the blind leading the blind ok well then why didnt you save him his time and just come out and help him since your the better person at knowing this ok he said he was on a budget so i gave him some sites that have good products at a good price and your going to dis them b.c. there not a product that everyone has in there car and sorry my car is louder then a nissan with 2 solox in the trunk

Silver Member

Post Number: 918
Joe you might want to look at ficaraudio.com Look at the SSD its right around your budget.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4851
"sorry my car is louder then a nissan with 2 solox in the trunk"

yeah, i'm going to call the b.s. flag on that. pair of 10" cvrs powered by an overrated hifonics 600w amp louder than a pair of solo x's. yeah right. the only way that's possible is if those solo x's aren't being powered.

so please just stop the lies and stop recommending crap to people. if you can't recommend good stuff, or don't know any, then stop posting and start reading more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 925
this sht is too fuken funny.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 55
ok well ya know this $h!t is funny butcha know the $h!t i am recommending is on a budget not for somebody to max out a credit card trin to get thats the main reason he asked his question i thought and the lies your so funny you are yeah yet to hear my car. and yeah sure i have a hifonics likem how many world records the hold wow and the $h!t i recommend is cheap last a while and works a h3ll of a lot better than thoese high priced speakers your blowing all that money on to listen to for a couple of weeks and then sell them on ebay

Username: Theycallmejtizle

Houston, TX

Post Number: 1
i fixin to run 4 memphis pr 12"s and wanna know if a 2400watt mono block amp made by audiotech would be any good. or should i just buy another mtx 900 watt 2 channel and run 2 of them in stead of one big amp

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4852
ben, please just stfu. if you can't recommend anything half way decent, don't recommend anything at. and how can you say the stuff you're recommending would last longer than higher priced stuff? so you'd put your hifonics up against a kicker? sundown? us amps? zapco? does everything you post have to be dumb? i mean, c'mon, saying a pair of 10" cvrs' are louder than a pair of solo xs'? sure you're the only one believing that lie.

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 19
mike, I'm looking for 2 10" subs or 1 15" sub and an amp both combined under $500.00 I don't care if they are crap just so long as they work tell I get enough money to buy good ones. so right now I'm going to have to go with ben on the amp I am thinking. but the subs I am not sure about.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4853
cadence txa1000d - $199 shipped
maw15 - about $100 shipped
total $299, give or take a couple depending on where you live (for shipping).

better than anything that ben has/will recommend. leaves you plenty left over for a nice box.

www.fishercustoms.com <-go with bj here for the box, you'll be more than happy.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 266
I recommend buying a little at a time... Buy quality so you only buy and install once. Save the money for a good amp and wiring... Buy it. Save money for the subs/enclosure... Then buy it... So/so for the rest of the stuff.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 56
ok ct i thought about what i said and yeah that doesnt sound to true you know about the solox thing it sounds stupid i was just going by what people told me i mean we didnt base race or anything its just what the people was sayin and also i did think about the speakers and for reall there not all that great from those stores i thought that at first and started to fall into liking them i dont know why. But yeah i joined the forum not to start fights or anything i would rather make friends and learn at the same time so i guess i am saying i am sorry

Username: Theycallmejtizle

Houston, TX

Post Number: 2
i already have the 4 12"s and the box. so i should just run 2 of the mtx 900 watt 2 channels? i already have one from my previous system that was pushing 2 mtx 12"s

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 20
Mike,
I like these http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=155
but I do have some questions.
does it include the amp and all well minus the wires?
can I build my own box? because I think it would be cheaper then going with the ones on that website. one of my friends is looking at this http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=VM9312TS do you think it is worth it?

Ben,
I'm going with the one up alittle bit on this message I am thinking bc it includes 2 10" and an amp for 319.00 and I think it would be worth it. and ben I'm your friend and I agree with making friends on here.

Both Mike and Ben
thanx so much for your help I'm not to much into this stuff but I am going to be getting into it now and yea.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 58
well to answer your question yes you can build you box its not that hard you just have to have the right material.

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 21
Ben,
do you know of any box blueprints sites for free?
and what material would I need?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 59
well i would ask mike i am not to good with that stuff because i am about to build my first speaker box for my tempo so i am in the same boat

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 22
ok mike do you know where I can get blueprints for boxes?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4854
www.subwoofertools.com

you can go there and enter the subs specs to get a blueprint. but to be honest i'm the wrong person to ask when it comes to box building, i don't have the tools nor the space to keep them/build a box where i live so i buy mine. there are several box builders here though that could help you out. or email bj (fishercustoms) like i posted above to build a box for you, or he might be able to design the box and sell you the plans for it cheap.

as for that jensen hu, don't let your friend buy that. jensen is crap.

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 23
after I save up some money I'll buy a box from bj.

Bronze Member

Bemidji, Minnesots

Post Number: 24
ok I just bought a 225 rockwood IIV amp for 10 dollars
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us