Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3140
Where to get and how much is it. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2494
Home Depot, Lowes or any major home improvement store -- usually in the roofing section. Last time I checked it was around fifteen bucks for a 25' x 6" roll. It is exactly the same as the original eDead v1.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3142
Cool, thanks need a little for my back deck to cover some really small holes in the metal and comp area. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4884
i couldnt find any in either store down here a while ago, then again, we are basically just getting over being a damn blue tarp state so who knows maybe people used it all on their roofs

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 558
Got some for free from a construction site not too long ago. I don't have a heat gun so it doesn't stick too well...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3145
If it has a metal backing you can use a low flame propane torch. I heated my dynamat up after laying it down and before rolling it. I would bet your life you could not peel it up, really...Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 2022
buy a propane torch, i believe you can get the filled can and torch for like 20 bucks new. hardware stores. enough in one tank to dynamat a bus...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2023
"I would bet your life you could not peel it up"

i totally hear you. i cant see how peal and seal or any brand of deadner would just "fall off" like people have quoted. its fukin tar!

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 162
I looked for peel n seal in home depot and couldnt find it so i guess im gonna have to go to lowes to see if they have it.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2500
"i cant see how peal and seal or any brand of deadner would just "fall off" like people have quoted."

It falls off because of the extreme temps that the inside of a parked car can go through, sometimes 170 degrees. The heat causes the adhesive to melt and the asphalt to droop down, and the combination of these two makes it fall off. Polo has the right idea of heating it up when applying because that will change the composition of the glue and make a permanent bond that heat can no longer affect.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2028
treo, in my city, home depot DOES NOT CARRY IT! and its supposed to be some other brand anyways but they dont have it...

lowes is 15 miles away and its got peel and seal out the yin hole...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2029
no no brad, im talking people saying it doesnt stick and will literally fall off, like after its been heated onto the panels.

sure, ive seen it melt and, in extreme cases, sorta puddle up at the bottom of verticle panels inside the vehicle.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 432
I am gonna get some sometime this weekend. Its already 110 here should i still heat it up? lol or maybe i will just leave it out in the sun for like 2 hours.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2030
ehhh, you will know when you are applying it. it needs to be slightly "tarry" but not so much that its running down your doors when your putting it on.

i personally think it is common sense once you get started. i reccommend a torch though if its seriously not ready to be applied. but people will be ghetto...

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 634
When i did my trunk, it was 100+ degrees outside. It stuck right to my trunk lid without any heating lol. It's still on there too. It works great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us