SX 1250.1 just right?

Bronze Member
Username: Doconpoint1

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 15
Yeah, i was thinking of going with a cheap lanzar for my starter amp then upgrade down the road, but now i'm thinking of possibly saving and just starting off with a solid amp. I have 2 12inch kicker cvx subs that are 4om dvc. They take 750 rms, so would the kicker sx1250 be a pretty good match for them wired at 1 ohm. I've been looking at those amps and they're pretty nice and can be had off of ebay at decent prices. So since kicker amps are underrated would this be a pretty good match for me?

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 485
I agree with what you said. the 1250 being underrated will probably do close to 1500, so it would be a great match for the cvx's

Bronze Member

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 16
Yeah thanks. I wish the the digital remote or whatever it's called for it wasn't so much, but i think i'd eventually get that, but i could probably find it on ebay for a decent price as well, i haven't actually looked into that part.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2490
Keep in mind that the SX1250's that you are referring to on ebay that are in the low $300 range are all refurbished. If you understand this going in, that is a good way to get a perfectly fine amp for a fraction of the cost of new. The list for that amp is $1271.00 so you know when it is over $900 off of list is it not going to be a factory sealed item. Just make sure that the seller has some kind of warranty in place in case the amp shows up DOA. Very nice amps and a huge step up from Lanzar.

Bronze Member

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 17
Yeah i understand that they are refurbished, but if it's legit and from kicker and the seller has a warranty then yeah it's definate a cool way to go.

Bronze Member

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 18
Also if anybody has added the digital controller, how do u like it?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3879
From what I've heard the digital controller is pretty sweet.Once you install the amp in the trunk and have the remote hooked up you never have to touch the amp itself to change your settings.I hate Park Forest BTW. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3130
Hey Dude, those amps are sweet! I may have one up for sale soon. Mine are used but are not refurbs I have all boxes and stuff will sell for $300 each plus on sats I work at Grant's appliances on Larkin, you can come pic it up if you like. The remote is the cats azz, plain and simple. I am still testing my Sound Stream XXX-6500 and am trying to get comfortable with it before I get rid of anything else, need backup you know, lol. Let me know... Polo.. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14490
how much you want for the remote polo?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3132
Remote stays with my SX900.4 . I have two sets of Cadence CVL comps coming for that amp, should be nice... :-O Polo..

PS- It is only $100, buy one that is cheap for what it does...

Bronze Member

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 20
Yeah, i dunno how soon i'll have the money, plus school is starting back and well college is expensive lol. But yeah Rob, you must live in the surrounding area or so. And if i may ask which city are u from? I'm gonna take a wild guess and just go with Tinley Park or Richton Park.

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14491
polo......on your sx900.4, where did you set the kompressor to? contour or attack? or do you not use that at all?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3133
Actually Chad it isn't running yet, still waiting for the comps.. Polo..

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14494
well when you do run it let me know which you like better. with contour enabled or without. i like it with cause it really makes the speakers sound full even at low volumes. that is why i like my sx950.2 so much cause of the sq.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3136
Ohhh yaaaa, man I can't wait to get my comps, the 5Ks up front and 6ks in the back, lol. I am not about sound stage and all just want it screamingggg, lmfao.. Polo.. :-O

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11855
'''''Yeah, i was thinking of going with a cheap starter amp''''''

dude there is a saying when it comes to car audio "DO IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME !" ....yes i know we all cant afford the very best but dont start from the bottom start midway & get something decent u can hold on o & use for @ least 6mths b4 u sell ...go ebay & look for deals ...IMO go with something from Hifonics at least or higher ......

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3137
^^^ I agree. Matter of fact if you go to some forums you can even find Kicker amp like a KX 1200 or similar for $225, who cares if it is a refurb or such, still has great quality. Hifonics is ok, good price and decently dependable but if you don't have any money save up, you will have a much better experience. BTW when first starting out put more money into the sub than anything, will make a worlds of a difference, might even make cheaper subs sound better! Polo.. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us