Type X Vs. W7

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 47
Anyone know if the Alpine Type X subs are any good? Are they comparable to the JL W7 or the MTX 9500? Are they worth the extra money compared to the Type R?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1433
the type x is Alpines sq woofer ... they get loud with the right power and enclosure ... very power hungry

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 377
The type x is no were near the level of the mtx 9500 or the W7..those 2 subs are on a different level then the X..as mike said, the type x is a sq woofer..And If i was you i would go with the Type R

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12608
the mtx nor the alpine is even close to the w7...but the there are alot of subs that will kill a w7 in sq and output

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1504
none of those drivers are great buys.lookin for SQL? checkout an RD alpha or an AA havoc

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 48
Im looking for subs that can match or better the W7 in SQ and SPL. Any suggestions? Of course it needs to be cheaper than the W7 and it would be nice if the box enclosure required is small. I heard the MTX 9500 can do it but never heard one before.

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 86
Fi Q, similar for 1/2-1/3 the price. with bp option should be good for 1500wrms. It does take time to break in to reach its full potential sq wise.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
I own an alpine type-x 12, sounds good and gets louder than 2 type-rs it replaced. doesn't sound that special w/ less than 1kw either. I'm putting it in my wifes car because she doesn't care about spl.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1524
may i suggest an RL-S ??? sq at its finest (according to chad lee ofcourse)

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12609
" own an alpine type-x 12, sounds good and gets louder than 2 type-rs it replaced"

Very hard for me to believe that u no what ur doing then...No way one typex should be louder then 2typer's, even given the same amount of power...

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
2 sealed vs one ported type-x, it was louder to the ear. Don't know about meter, but I now how it sounded on music, and tones. Sorry, didnt add that detail in earlier :D

It was a new type-x vs some older type-rs, so it had an advantage there...

This was just an everyday driver, judged by ear since I never metered the type-rs. The type-x still metered 142 multiple times on several a/c mics, so around high 130s tuned to 32hz in a yukon.

If you take 2 sealed 12s and put them against 1 ported 12 there's a reason why the 1 12 could be louder. It did have much better sq sealed though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us