Amp not working, help

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 896
i just got my soundstream pca 2000 and i hooked it up to my ssd at 2 ohms just to see if it worked. it has power but it puts out almost no sound. if i turn my gains and bass boost all the way up and have the HU at 1/3 volume you can start to see the sub move a LITTLE bit. i've done everything i know how to do unless i'm being really stupid. i've switched the speaker wires and everything. help

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 2013
are you freeairing it?

it your new to all of this a sub can seem pretty sucky when its not in a box yet...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2014
especially a brand new subwoofer like an ssd with maybe a brand new very stiff suspension.

Silver Member

Post Number: 897
i had it hooked up to a audiobahn a8000t and it worked fine. it is in a 1.5 cu ft sealed enclosure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2019
hrmmm. ok, ive seen that happen when people freeair and thought i would ask...

keep trouble shooting. its usually something dumb when you finally figure it out...

Silver Member

Post Number: 898
bump?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3160
Is the filter on Low Pass?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2364
thats what i was gonna ask. is it playing more then just bass notes? recaeck your ground just in case. as well as both rcas. what is your gain set at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 899
i tried to set my gains but i only get to about 14 volts if i turn it up all the way. the low pass filter is on at 80 hz. i know i'm grounded well, but the wire is only 8 gauge and 4 gauge power wire. rca's are fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 900
the 8 gauge ground worked fine for the a8000t so i think it is okay. the amp is sucking a lot of power from my battery so i think there is something wrong with the speaker outputs

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1747
8 gauge is too small. Upgrade that wire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
but it should still work okay right? it wouldn't hurt the amps output that much would it?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3161
"i tried to set my gains but i only get to about 14 volts if i turn it up all the way"

measure it in ac not dc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 902
it is on dc. this is really pissing me off. I JUST WANT THINGS TO WORK!, lol

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 363
::gets pwn hammer:: if you say one more time its on dc not ac i'm gonna hit you with it. it MUST BE in A----C--! next u MUST upgrade the ground and yes it can hurt things and be dangerous if the wire ever fails from being over drawn. as far as movement problems, only issue that come to mind is the 8 g ground wire and to check the subs terminal wire for break mayybe only on vc is attached and firing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 903
i upgraded to some 4 gauge i had laying around and it helped a little but not much. both voice coils are hooked up. the thing draws .01 v every second from my battery witht the car off so i know it is drawing power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us