Im confused about tuning?

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 575
i have 2 kicker l7s and i want a box that gives me body shaking bass what is the best tuning for kicker l7's to get the most bass out of it. i had it at 48hz before but that just gets loud to my ears i want a box that shakes the whole car and my body any suggestions

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2465
34-38hz

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3105
Lol holy sh!t 48 is WAY too high for a daily system...... that would sound like crap cause it can't play the low notes. Go with what Brad said.

BTW Chris I live a few miles south from you between Telford and Tylersport.....

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 576
oh wow thats deff right down the road from me thats crazy. Alright so what if i get 32hz for my kicker l7's u think thats to low and could damage the sub. I'm tryin to find the best tuning for these subs

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 577
How would a 32Hz box sound vs a 38Hz box

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2470
If MS lives that close let him tune that box if he can find the time for your dumb azz (kidding). You never even said if these were 15's or 12's so it's hard to say for sure. If I were to make an educated guess I would say 35 but let MS decide for you if he has the time. He knows his sh!t.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 579
they are 2 12" l7s i already got 2 boxes on watch i got a 32hz and a 38hz box on watch so im just tryin to find out which would give me heavier bass

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2474
The resonant frequency of a L7 12 is 34hz so go with that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us