WTF? Over.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2452
Are they fucking insane? How can they justify this? As if 30-50% wasn't bad enough and their prices weren't already high compared to alot of comparable brands. Monday is a sad day in the audio world.

R.I.P. TC Sounds (1987-2007)

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 459
holy crap!! thats jus getting rediculous.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3866
Lol. F uck TC Sounds.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1035
stock up so you sell em for a profit in the future, but idk if anyone will want em

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 288
I saw this and thought " RE Audio " when they went from internet sales to dealer sales.

For a company to increase their pricing by that much is only going to meant they don't sell as much and only the die hard audio folks willing to shell out that kind of money.

Granted, the price increase is most likely due manufacturing, shipping and operational costs, but a 100% increase, that's just being " greedy ".

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14472
that LMS-5400 is a beast. looks so awesome. i bet the price is going to be jacked up to $1500.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11850
yes it reminds me of how RE went - gr8 prodcuts but the drastic increase turned off ALOT of ppl even fans of them

so instead of them incresing profits 1 way the other way their losing $ too

IMO ....its dumassed approach to business .....

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8716
Shame. Now even fewer ppl will own a TC sub. Suicide if you ask me.

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14475
i am sure they know what they are doing.

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 341
yeah, i was at one point actually considering getting a TC3k, but even at that price point i wasn't even sure if it was the best sub out there... now for it to double in price, wooow

Gold Member

Post Number: 8718
I'd be afraid to buy a high end sub from them this weekend because when they fold up who will service their products?

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 289
I can see increasing prices to cover whatever costs increases TC incurs, but, increasing the pricing of their products to that extent is just plain asinine.

And what gets me is that most subwoofer companies have their products built and shipped in from countries where supposedly the material, labor and productions costs are substantially lower.

Sure, they can say their products were built in the USA, but all their parts come in from outside the US, ergo, they get over on the customer by charging more without actually paying more to deliver it.

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 342
i know a lot of home audio people are dissapointed too because many of them used their drivers for DIY subwoofer systems in their home. I think some may still think after the price increase they will still be worth it because home audio subs are so expensive already that DIY will probably come out to the same price now (instead of a lot cheaper), but better quality. i know they are all complaining and feeling the exact same way as us car audio ppl.

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14477
tc and soundsplinter all hand built in the usa.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8720
It's still hard for me to justify paying $1000+ for a driver be it car or home audio use. It's just metal, magnet, cone and some copper. The main reason I chose a car sub for my HT was simply cost. There are so many affordable options in this field compared to high end home audio markets. A good HT sub can run $2000+. To the enthusiast they may feel they got a fantastic deal. If they could hear how my $300 Q sounds compared to what they paid dearly for more of them would do what I did.

For TC to isolate their product even further from the masses to me is saying they feel their product is for the elite only, everyone else need not apply. For that I can pat myself on the back for doing what more and more HT buffs will be doing. Fug em.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3870
"tc and soundsplinter all hand built in the usa."

Most Americans don't take pride in their work anyhow.I dont' care if it's built,made or whatever in the USA.For example with cars(Aside from build quality with things being built in America)I love how people say invest in your future "Buy American" but it's a joke because those American cars are full of Japanese parts and parts from everywhere else :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8721
Not to mention alot of assembly plants and build houses use an immigrant workforce. Saying built in America may be patriotic, just not what it used to. Why ship it overseas to get it built cheaply when the laborers are coming to you lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8725
^^^Labor in general, not specifically sub manufacturers.

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14480
well when its built here, they have control over the production. therefore better quality.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2454
Well I got in touch with a friend that knows some guys down there (TC is right near me) and this is what is happening. TC will soon announce that they are going to set up a brick and mortar network and sell their products via stores. They figure that in order to allow dealers to make enough profit on sales that they need to boost up the list prices so that the margin will be greater. Nobody is sure if they will still sell direct but at this point it doesn't look like it. I am guessing that they figure that if they just send stock out to dealers, they won't have as many problems keeping up with demand. I am also guessing that they might stop sending parts to other companies (SoundSplinter, Eclipse, Lightning/RF etc.) and concentrate on getting more into the mainstream with their own branded products. Less sales + decreased backlog + increased prices = profit.

I really think this is going to cripple TC Sounds reputation whether they make a profit or not, just like it has nearly destroyed RE's sales in the last year. I remember when the MT and XXX were the talk of the town but now they are so expensive that nobody even thinks about making that an option for a new system. All three times I have talked to the people that run TC they have been jerks and I have read on other forums that I am not alone. This whole move reeks of attitude and lack of caring about the customers. I say good riddance.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 473
Thats an insane price hike, You will not make money if your product is on the shelf. Good luck

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 579
theyre a bunch of unorganized @ssholes imo

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2333
I smell defeat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts