Focal

Silver Member
Username: Aaronjp1990

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 125
i just bought a set of 165v2 focal polyglass was wondering how they sound and how good out of 10 they are?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2434
They sound great but the highs are a bit harsh, but I like that in a car environment with all the other noise. 7.5/10

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 456
Aaron, just wondering,,,,why would you buy something THEN ask how good it is? Its usually done the other way around

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 165
lol.....even funnier: watchin that fat@ss sean kingsten sing that lame song on fuse right now...

Silver Member

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 126
haha good point well i was in the shop and wanted to finish my system of so i bought them. i live on a island and was of it for a week. but i have run in to the problem that they dont fit haha so am thinking about making a box to put them in any ideas on that?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2435
They dont fit where? In the doors? And why won't they fit? There are ways around that.

Silver Member

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 127
my stock ones are 13 but that not the prob. they go into the dash and the magnet is bringing up in the wiper motor on the passengers side so i need about 25-30mm of mdf sticking to clear it. and theres not enough room to mold it with fiber glass so i was thinking about making 2 box's to mount between the seats or above the headrests. any other ideas?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2438
Make rings out of mdf and use that as a spacer to get to the (lack of) depth you need. Or maybe try to move the mount on the wiper motor a little down? Comps are generally designed to sound good in an infinite baffle setup and won't sound all that great in a small box.

Silver Member

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 128
ill try that out next week will elt u kno how it goes

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 166
if that doesn't work, you should mount them inside your center console, assuming you have some sort of compact car. so that they serve the same purpose as the speakers in the doors, cept now the driver and passenger have sound coming from both left and right directly at them....maybe?

Silver Member

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 129
dont have a center concole. this is the best pic i can find on the net of my interior. its the new modle tho http://www.carpages.co.uk/land_rover/land-rover-defender-review-part-5-05-02-05. asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us