Sound Deadening

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1003
I'm about to order my Diamond HEX's and whatnot and because I'm spending that much on speakers, I want my front doors to be perfect for them. What do you guys recommend for maximizing SQ outta them. I'm gonna dynamat/edead yadda yadda yadda. Anything else? Tricks o' the Trade?

ALso what edead would you guys get (I don't want liquid) and how many layers would you do? I'm doing trunk and front doors.

Ball Park estimate....ABOUT how much do you think I'll need? (2000 Cherokee (not grand)), not a huge tailgate.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3404
Just get them to be sealed as tight as possible, put some soundproofing around the back of the speaker or into the mounting area. If its sealed air tight the bass produced from it would be cleaner. if you dont have rattles from your doors i would leave the rest of it alone or you could start to lose some SPL from having less areas for the sound to escape in the front (when sound escapes it goes from high pressure area to low pressure areas, leaks in the front help to guide the bass forward, seal the back airtight and front only sealed to stop rattles or road noise.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1008
ahah i have a jeep cherokee so all i know is road noise lol...

thanks for that info...

Do you think if i buy some like poly fill or some soft (non fiberglass obviously) insulation to put behind it, would it help?

If i'm talking crazy, tell me, but I just want to do it right and perfect the first time.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1014
bump for me!

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1026
ok, anyone else?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1040
bump for maximizing SQ

would it be a good idea to buy some of those plastic things you put the speaker into to protect it from water and sh!t
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us