Quick help!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3382
I need help with doing this drop in port, i keep getting confused doing displacment numbers, my specs are...

11565 inchs after sub displacment, and i have a cut out for the drop in ports at 9inchs wide and 14.5 tall i want 16sq inch for each sq ft. to be at 40hz. wood is 3\4 thick. please help fast

Bronze Member
Username: Talon01

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 24
your at 106 sq you need 130.5 for 16 sq

Gold Member

Post Number: 3383
i need a design for interiot drop in port space to keep it at 40hz after the port displacemnet tho, it keeps confusing me
the extiior of the port i would like to keep at less then 9in wide and about 14.25 inchs tall the numbers above for it are max tho.. but i want to leave a tiny gap just so i dont have any trouble if the box is .1-.2 inchs off

Bronze Member

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 25
sorry switch that posted it backwards

Gold Member

Post Number: 3385
haha i was going to say, but i know its 106 at the volume but port displament added will make it smaller.

Bronze Member

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 27
lets me get with sean for this one give me an hour or so i am at work now

Gold Member

Post Number: 3386
alright,the faster the better im trying to get it done today before work and while its still early enough to be loud(cuttin\sanding wood) but ill be back in about a hour so anyone else feel free to do it if you can. Ill paypal 2-3$ to get you motivated :-) and another 7-8 in a week or to.. funds a bit low at the moment...

THANKS!!!~!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3359
talk to cannan, aka marshall white he built a lot of boxes with drop in ports, heres his email marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 3393
5.78 =92sq port area, after all displacments... i think i have it. can anybody just double check this for me? The wood is 3\4in thick. and only being used on 3 sides of the port, i will use the box wall for the last port side.

5.78 =92 port area 92-97sq in.

6.96w x13.5tallx16deep 3\4wood no 4th side(box wall is port wall) = 94sq

the port area is the center of the 2 diff port sizes i used to get displacments as close to perfect as possible to keep a accurate port area.(getting port dis, subtracting from box net, and refiguring new box size with displacment, and getting a new port area and centering in between the 2.

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3398
BTW i played the sub for a bit on 2Krms in the box without any port just a big 14.5x9in opening for the drop ins to go. It was double baffled so about 1.5in thick. For having no real tuning the sub still got pretty low and loud, just that you couldnt feel the lows as much, but you could deff hear them. IS that just the DD or what? ive never got a sub to get that loud and low without any tuning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us