Advice for a tight fit...2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty.

Username: Bleeder

Jville, Fl US of A

Post Number: 10
I now own a 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty, and it's a TIGHT fit behind the rear benches and under the seats....the previous owner installed 4 Polk/MOMO MMC570's front and rear @ 6 months back I understand.

Currently, a Pioneer DEH-P790BT HU will be here in two days since the truck is now mine. No rush, but I have about $600-$800 to play with to come up with an enclosure, the Subs (10" or 12"....looking for less boom...tight Bass if possible, but coming from a narrow sub, it might be difficult...) and then a suitable Amp to drive it all.

As so many before me, I would like your opinion on what's best to consider...not too much to ask, eh?? Thanx in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1610
JL makes a stealth box. idk if there is one for that truck.
maybe lookin to some pioneer premier shallow mounts, and also clarion makes a shallow mount. best place for the pioneer premiers would be crutchfield. pioneer and pioneer premier are the same. so either would be fine.
www.crutchfield.com
www.woofersetc.com

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 479
You might look into some 8" (TC Sounds TC-1000's)...they put out quite a bit more bass than a lot of 10's I've heard...they aren't very deep, need very little airspace & can handle plenty of power for a sub of that size.

I own some of the 10" versions and they are the incredible sounding subs (have them under the rear seat of my Silverado)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1102
As long as your seats are bench and not 70/30 split, you can make room behind the seat. Take your rear seat out. Reverse the track and switch sides with them. That will move your seat up a few inches. A while back we fit 3 CVR's sealed behind the seats and mounted the KX1200 under seat. Hope that helps.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us