Kevin Holden!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 158
I need you to email me, for some reason I lost your email address and the last message you sent me got deleted of my email. I'm having some problems with that RD 800.1 that you sold me that took forever to get to me....thanks!

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2321
Kevin email what is the amp doing?
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1139
lmao "that took forever to get to me"

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
First off, I was blairing it, although I was testing it to see if it heats up, which it doesn't. But I was playing that "tell me when to go" song; volume at around 18, sub around 12(on the HU). I have the gain turned about 3/4 and haven't really messed with anything else yet cause I haven't had time. It's pushin a single 12" dual 2 Fi SSD.

Anyway, after about a minute and a half or so, the amp just turned off, didnt go into protective mode, just shut off completely. I had to leave my HU turned off for about 5 min and then it worked again.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 626
maybe the gain was set to high... you need a DMM to set the gain correctly

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
it did take forever, over three weeks when it should've taken less than two. Anyway, even if the gain is set to high, which I don't think it is, would that explain why it just shuts off completely? I know you need a DMM to set it correctly, again I haven't had time, I work 60-80 hours a week, don't get home till 3 at the earliest most nights....thanks though!(no sarcasm intended)

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 964
If you turn the gain up too high on an amp, and the amp overheats, a protection circuit will turn the amp off. It won't turn back on unless the amp is back at a safe temperature. Set your gains correctly, and don't just turn the gains all the way up for testing lol. That's never a great idea. Luckily the protection circuit kicked in before you did any real damage.

Also, when companies like RD are getting started and just getting everything in, they do their best to provide dealers with accurate dates on when products will arrive. For some reason it is always off, since buildhouses have problems, and things take longer than expected. So until they have everything in, shipping times may be a little exaggerated. But now that 90% of the products seem to be in stock, expect much better delivery times on everything.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3807
" I know you need a DMM to set it correctly, again I haven't had time, I work 60-80 hours a week, don't get home till 3 at the earliest most nights....thanks though!(no sarcasm intended)"

If you haven't had time how did you install the amp in the first place?Setting the gain is a part of installing an amp.You shouldn't even be running the amp if you didn't set the gain properly.You're lucky the amp hasn't blown up completely due to user error.Cancel your E-Mail to Kevin because this is your fault so don't drag other people into to what you are the cause of,there's nothing wrong with the amp, just a bad user.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 900
ID 10 T error?

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 901
http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2859

Tutorial.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1103
Wow. Yes it did take a little longer than expected to get, but you know what the deal is with that, so why even say that? All you have to do is email me or ask these good guys on here about your problem. You do have an email though.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2010
"First off, I was blairing it, although I was testing it to see if it heats up, which it doesn't. But I was playing that "tell me when to go" song; volume at around 18, sub around 12(on the HU). I have the gain turned about 3/4 and haven't really messed with anything else yet cause I haven't had time. It's pushin a single 12" dual 2 Fi SSD."

you're clipping the f@ck out of your sub :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Well considering since Kevin himself told me to turn the gain 70-80% up and I should be fine, I went with that when I had the time to stick the amp in and do nothing but turn the gain up to the suggested range. Kevin, didn't mean to offend you about the whole shipping issue. I'll get back to you on email since I have it now.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 905
"Since i have it now?"

You look as hard for emails as my 6yr old does for her shoes.

Installs arent much better.

GL with life, i see a long hard road in your future.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2012
^^^harsh lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
No I looked for it, there were only about 30 emails to look through including the ones in the trash and I found none to or from kevin. But thanks for the comment.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3814
"Kevin himself told me to turn the gain 70-80% up and I should be fine"

Set the gain properly and you should be fine.If you didn't already blow something up...

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
Once again I didn't turn them all the way up, but thanks for the advice. For everyone else, I like how the majority of this forum is eager to dish out their sh!t they have to talk instead of advice or help for people that need it.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2433
Now you're the one and only Justin on E.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
yeah I just read those threads, kinda sucks, but I still talk to him, got the b1tch on msn messenger!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2436
Yeah he was in chat earlier and like Joe said.... he will be back prolly.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3407
this thread is funny

reminds me of the person i sold the JBL BP1200.1 to... he kept clipping it and blowing fuses calling me like wtf kinda amp did u sell me???? i set his gain 1 more time and told him not to touch it like he did last time...its not a volume knob. And now its fine... It could have shutoff for a few reasons... your remote wire has a problem, amp internals got to hot even though u did not feel it in the heat sink. I would seriously turn it down tho.. the only way i would say you should have that up 70-80% is if your HU only puts out about 1V-1.5V but let the DMM decide that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us