Competition Plans For Alpine Type R 10 HELP!

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 838
Alright I was told to make a 2 Cu. Ft. box with 2 4in. external aeros pointing to the drivers side. Also told to tune to 40hz.. can somebody make some plans of dimensions and size of the cut-outs?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3790
Well seeing as this being a competition plan,40hz will be a starting point as far as this goes.You can probably gain a bit more by going with a higher tuning.However,a high SPL comp box will not make for a good daily driver and will not play music very will either but I'm sure you're aware of this Mike.I don't really understand why you need people to design that because it's fairly simple lol.What kind of vehicle is it?Do you know your resonant frequency?I also hope you're willing to shell out a couple hundred bucks on testing and making multiple boxes because that's what it takes when you want to be winning in the lanes when you're competing,goodluck Mike.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2193
ya a good idea if your gunna be competing is buying an splmeter from splmeter.com...that helsp alot.

A box thats 2 cuft @ 40hz will sound perfectly fine for daily driving. The sub will still get all the lows at 40hz and the highs will be very nice and u will be able to put up the numbers. Theres a lot of people that run 42 or 43hz as there daily box with a small cuft which gives really good results in spl and keeps decent sq.

you should not do 2 4" ports....you could make a much more efficient box doing a slot port because you will have a lot more port area....try around 35 - 45sq. in. of port area, 2 cuft, and what kinda car do you have? that will help to choose the freq you should start with.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2194
n what do you mean drivers side? will the box be facing into the cabin or towards the rear?

if it faces in then ya do drivers side

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 839
I have a 2007 Civic Coupe.. has a mid/small sized trunk and the seats fold down

My 6" rear speakers were both taken out

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5800
a meter like the splmeter.com is essential we use it and its the only way we no what works and what doesnt....sometimes your talking tenths of db incrase.....our last box was same spl as the one before it in the same placement but changing the seat arangement and placement we gained .8 db.... the box shaped changed the response in the car

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5801
the box shape changed the response in the car

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1992
i wouldn't go much higher than 40hz...the type R is a low note sub...put the sub all the way on the passenger side and the ports firing to the driver side...

BTW it doesn't take much to design a simple box like that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us