HO Alt plus Orion MBR70 and Batts

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 236
Ok I am back from vacation. I started to do my wiring since (Thanks Chad) I have my big 3 done and I ordered a 200a alt. I plan on using my MBR70 along with my HO alt. I just want to make sure it isn't going to defeat the purpose of my HO alt. Before it was fine I wasn't running as much power as I am now I am triple what I had before. I am just trying to make sure all my electrical is up to snuff. But the regulator is bugging me add or or not to add it. Here is the manual for the thing.
http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Support/Manuals/Accessories/Orion%20MBR70%20Owners%20Manual.pdf Let me know what you guys think. Cause I am stumped.

Also I have another question I was going to run a Kinetik 2400 for the back or 2 NSB90's which would be better? Cause I can get 2 of the NSB's for the price of 1 2400.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1484
nsb's for sure. external regualtors have had a reputation of breaking easily so i wouldnt run one, especially if you dont have the correct batts

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14332
nsb's hands down. according to some of the competitors, 2 of those nsb90's would be equivalent to 4 of those kinetik hc2400's. just make sure you train those nsb batteries well.

you are welcome btw. the thickness of those cables are good right? it could be a bit more flexible but the strand counts are good.

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 237
That wire is great. Its not to bad to run I had no problems. I am just gonna buy a Stinger sr200 that should work ok? The MBR70 only charges at 70a so that won't do. I had another question but its an alarm question do I need to use relays for added sirens? I have 2 extra ones laying around I was planning on adding one on the rear and one under my dash. Maybe put one in the rear by the NSB90 batts.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 797
fluck stinger get bapcap 2000s they ran stinger aginst batcaps in a mag and batcaps won hands down

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1037
u dont need batts or an alt man, just get a cap

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 238
I am running over 3k watts a cap isn't going to help now a Batcap 2000 would work that with a 800. But wouldn't I still need an HO alt? I can get the NSB90's for $100 each thats the only reason I asked.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1038
where can u get nsb90s for that...new?

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1607
yeah im with andrizzle,.. where can u get that deal?

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 239
Actually its from a buddy of mine he used them for about 6 months he had 4 he has 2 left I was going to snatch them up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1042
ill buy them from u for 150 a pop

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1608
ill give u 200 for them. each!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 240
I would but. I think I will buy them and try them first. Heh. Sorry

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14349
just make sure you charge them at low amp over night. you probably already know that though.

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 242
I will make sure and charge them properly. The NSB's that he has are the long skinny ones NSB90 FT. Is there a difference in those and the regular top posted NSB90 battery's? I can fit 2 in my spare tire area. That would make a big difference since they would be out of the way.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2009
yes their is a difference...i've heard that the 100FT is similar to a kinetik hc2000

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 799
i can get batcap2000s for 150 a piece new
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us