Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8591
What is it?

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 271
What sub you putting in there whatever it is it looks like it's going to be f*!king loud

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3376
ill get some pics of what im up to in the morning if i can find my camera charger... 7cu ft box inside of a CTS trunk with interchangable slot ports.... ;)

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2418
Treo SSX 15.11

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 444
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3095
The card board you see to the right is a former made out of cardboard and 3M tape. As soon as the expanding foam is cured it will peel away with ease leaving a nicely shaped side edge. Expanding foam is a great way to shape things but you need a former to retain it and also be sure to coat it with paint or something afterwards. I was going to go with a box with interchangeable ports but for that you usually use a square port and honestly there is more turbulance doing that because your not using the curvature of the sidewall to form the port. For this I picked a frequency right in the middle, added dampening material/bracing so it will play just about anything decently. I am getting tired of switching sh!t up, plus I am 35 and I need to finalize things. If I get tired of this setup I will just sell the car with everything, lmfao.. :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3377
the way i plan on using the drop in ports it will still pretty much be using the back wall, just double up, the port will hug the wall tightly, i will probally use some sheets of sound proofing for a easy seal to.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 335
thats gunna look nice after its all done.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14333
that looks good man.

polo how does it sound when you put the seat up?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2192
i bet it sounds pretty good. mine re sx is setup the same way and with the seats up you lose a large amount of spl, but the sq is either better or about the same

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1706
Looking good. Cant wait to see it all done and cleaned up.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3960
looks like a black box with jizz lol
but still nice to say the least

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3096
Chad, actually it sounds amazing. there isn't much left of the back seats so you lose maybe 1-2 dbs but daily it is great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J_GT6XIisc
You can see here how the backseats are and they remove in like 2 mins with a 12V impact drill that I keep in the back. I used 5" L brackets a total of 6 to keep it in place plus a sh!t load of expanding foam. There is so much dampening material around the box there will never be wood on metal. If you look under the box you can see a thin layer of dampening material (1/4") actually epoxied underneith, 4" of foam on left/righ sides plus 1" of foam on top. The back deck was super sprayed with foam and now it is maybe 5 times stronger than before, that foam is tough as hell! I will be using small amounts of it in the doors to create small enclosures for the new comps. Polo.

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14348
i want to do mine like that but the problem is i don't the know if the bass will get through the aluminum backing on my rear seat.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3097
Takes some pics Chad, lets see.. :-) Polo.

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14352
will do this weekend.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3098
What's this weekend sh!t? Asian and don't even have a digital camera, lol ? J/K Polo.. :-O

Platinum Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14354
i do but too lazy. lol.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3107
I'm not lazyyy, well not Asian lazy anyways, lol. I poured the foam into the formers notice the pressure behind it some of the duct tape snapped and the formers have bulged. Bulging is better than not having enough because this stuff is very trimable. Notice how the stuff was bursting through the 6x9 holes on the deck, cut it off with a sharpass fillet knife I had. Watch out Wolfy, your sword ain't gonna help you against this pig sticker... hahahhaha.. Polo..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3380
niceee, im about ready to reassemble the box i just finished building inside of the trunk now but its facing rear\ port rear.

Chad, dont worry about the backing of your seat, a sawzaw will take care of that n\p ;) lol j\p.

Polo how big is that box? and is it carpeted on the inside?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3108
Approx 4cf with port displacement. SawZall was my bestfriend, as you can see, lol. Polo..

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3116
Killa, post pics on your progress it will give others ideas and be helpfull! Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1712
Polo do you have another car or do you just drive around with your backseat out and everything like that?? But none the less it looks like its coming along really nice And looks like its really gonna be loud. Its really helping me see how Im gonna seal off my trunk when I get my next system. I was planning on doing it the same way as you have done. Did you put something on the car before you put the spray foam down or is it pretty much there to stay?? Cause I was planning on putting down a tarp or plastic and then spraying it on so if I ever wanted to take it out I would just have to cut it all out and it wouldnt actually be stuck to the car.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3117
If you put plastic before the foam it would never stick, it needs to in order to work. This is my work car and is only used when wife isn't home but the back seats are fully funtional and take 5 mins to put in! This is more or less a commitment and took a few years trying different stuff out. It will be more than enough loud, especially with the two sets of CVL's going in, I will be happy. Best thing of all is that my trunk will never rattle so it will sound that much better. In the future if need be I can install a different sub, the box will never need to change. If needed and I really needed to take the box out then I can use a really long knif and cut along the box to remove. I can only the size I have in there so it would only be for desing purposes. All in all it makes the car more valuable in the hood, would be able to sell it quick! Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3120
Mo-pics! As you can see the foam has formed there are a few holes in it but not that deep, normal for expanding foam to have voids when it cures fast, I will just fill it in. Started to sand a little too. I put the sub in to get a small in car taste, dudes you would not believe!! I played that song by Timberland "The way I are" and it just thumps, plain and simple THUMPS... There is no rattles, it is on partial power using one SX1250 @.5 ohm BUT the gain is only at .5 volt and everything is FLAT. Yes you read right .5v that is almost ZERO, LOL. I thought there was something wrong, so I switched amps and set it the same and ya, same thing. It seems my efficiency went wayyy up but i will bump it at work tomorrow and see. Polo..

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1734
Well I was thinking because the foam expands if I put the plastic down it would just expand enough to hold everything in place.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3859
Polo you're going to coat that foam right?I don't think you're anywhere near finished...make sure you keep us posted.

Username: Real_nigga

Usa

Post Number: 1

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3125
Rob, ummm no not even close, was just testing, lol. Hard to go sooo long without bass, sucks! Actually once it is all shaped and yes before it turns yellow I am gonna resin it to make it hard. As soon as I can find enough I will carpet the whole area and be done with it. I just got my XXX6500 and the first time in my life after holding that amp I think I may be a bit overpower, lol IT'S ABOUT TIME WOOHOO, LMFAO...Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3128
B
U
M
P

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts