OT (kinda) scammed on subs ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 56
I bought a 12" jl on ebay and when i got it didnt work. There was a tear in the surround and when you pushed the cone it scrached. I filed a claim with paypal and the lady told me when I close the dispute she will refund me the money. She said her account is negative so she needs for me to close the dispute first. (once as you close dispute you cannot re-file one). Any one have an opinion or sound like shes trying screw me again. Im sooo pissed i dont know what to do?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1397
follow through with the claim. She is just trying to screw you. Why the hell would she refund you after you dropped the claim....tell her to refund the money and there wont be any claim.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
She said shes negative in funds in her account? Is her account on hold while theres a dispute or is she just b.s. me?

Username: Splfreak

Post Number: 4
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8615
Don't let up a bit at all with the claim, that's what they're for. Ppl do this for a living and know how to push. Did the sub have pics when listed? Did she lie about its' condition? Don't fall for the "drop the issue and you'll get what you want" routine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Yes there were pics and the sub looked fine, a little hard to tell through the plexi glass but still looked good. She guaranteed the sub to work, then when i sent her a message she said "sorry, sold as-is". Never said as-is anywhere and she said she guaranteed it to work great. oh and she just sent me a message back saying she would give me money back once as a buyer sent payment for an item they just won. She had 115 feedback score w/ 100% so she seems legit, but i guess i never know.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2662
They reason her account is neg, is maybe Paypal is holding the money till its resolved. Tell her to get fucked.also, say, Send back your money and then you will drop the claim, but only if she sends it within the next 24 hours. After that you will not drop the claim.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8617
She knew what she was selling. She tried to "play" you and play the odds. The odds being you wouldn't stand up. I hope she makes restitution.

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 143
If her account is negative now then she did something with the money you sent her. Give her a week and if she does not come up with it escalate the claim.

when a claim is made for a good amount of money that amount is taken and reserved from their account so they cant do anything with it. and that is what made her go negative. that money is in reserve. I am not sure but even with the negative balance i think she can still go into the claim an issue a refund. this may all depend on how negative she is in her account.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1705
I agree with everyone else. It sounds like shes trying to scam you and by getting you to drop the claim would forfeit the best way you have to get your money back. Dont do it unless you never wanna see that money again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Great news... She refunded my money and told me i could keep the sub!!! Not sure what to do with a blown JL 12w0 but what ever. I bet its stolen and she wants it to be gone. I'll make a sweet wall mount in my room with it.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1373
awsome man, glad to hear you got it resolved

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3808
Make sure to leave her negative feedback.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 902
Dont leave a neg till the 90th day after the transaction ended. If you do it right, the next day she will see that she got one, and leave you one in return.

Unless of course she already gave you feed, in which case you are relatively safe.

I leave mine right away, i dont care what they reply with.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 478
She refunded the money and let you keep the sub...has a 100% positive feedback (115) and you people want him to leave her negative feedback?

you don't get 100% on that many transactions by screwing people on Ebay.

Maybe she really had no idea it didn't work.

Leaving negative feedback on Ebay just because your pissed (even though the dispute was resolved...in a timely manner for Ebay I might add...been there, done that) is what is wrong with that system...

Don't listen to them...just leave her neutral feedback or none at all

Gold Member

Post Number: 1717
Im glad you got it all resolved and I agree with kklagge that I dont think you should leave negative feedback because she did take care of it and is going to let you keep the sub. Neutral or none would be the best for this situation.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14372
it is a seller's duty to make sure the item works fine. okay she let him keep the sub and refunded the money but what about the time lost? he should be bumping right now. if the sub was brand new in a box and it didn't work then i understand cause it could be manufacture defect. but it was a used sub. before selling anything used you should test it.

as far as leaving a neg feedback, i wouldn't. but thats only cause i am a nice guy. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1719
I agree with you Chad about her saying it worked and him getting it blown and all that. But neutral is more fitting for this situation because she did resolve it. If she didn't do anything about it then I could see leaving a negative feedback.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3809
The purpose of leaving the negative feedback is because she said it worked.If you aren't sure whether or not something works then don't say it does.Imagine going to any store and being told something works and it was tested etc...then you get home with the product and nothing.I'd be pissed.Just like I'd be pissed because I waited for my sub over a period of time,paid money for something that I was told worked and then got something that didn't work.I'd tell the seller to send me a paid shipping label so I could send the P.O.S. back to her and leave negative feedback.I don't give people false information or tell them what they want to hear to make a sale,I tell people exactly what they are getting,if it works or not and if it has any imperfections.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14374
true. like i said i wouldn't leave any neg feedback but i would be pissed at the fact that i lost 2 weeks of my life without bass. lol.

life is short, gotta enjoy every second. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 904
I wouldnt leave neg either.....but, if you did...

Didnt know id have to leave a disclaimer, but i should have. Years on the net should have told me that a55hats would crawl out of the woodwork to pwnt me with my own reply.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3815
"I wouldnt leave neg either.....but, if you did...

Didnt know id have to leave a disclaimer, but i should have. Years on the net should have told me that a55hats would crawl out of the woodwork to pwnt me with my own reply."

I couldn't even understand anything out of that.What exactly is it that you're trying to say?I went to public school.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8654
Glad it worked out for ya. You hear too many that don't.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 350
i been ebaying for 5 years just keep in mind to anyone, if the auction is satated as "in good working condition" it's a contract. i been selling and buying a long time. i always cover my azz by putting i am only liable if u put shiping insurance on the item or "as is" or a "rserve" even a "d.o.a". if the seller states working good condition but no "as is" all that stuff. by ebays bi laws they can not change anything once a bid is placed. as soon as a seller posts thier in contract with whatthey say as much as you are in contract to deliver the money. so don't let any seller tell you oh don't file a claim everything will be fine thier just bsing you. btw a fyi a neutral is just as bad as a negitive and still knocks them down to 99 or 98 %

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3387
I would still do nuetral for attempting to play you, the only way i would not is if in the auction it didnt say it was her sub, but if it said it was and she took it out of her car or somthing and it was working at the time.... then she gets nuetral for obviously lying, you cant blow up the voice coil like that from disconnecting a sub IME, you said when you push down it scratches, VC is either smashed or blow to pieces causing it to lock up... she may have just hoped some person would fall for the scam and close the claim but if not she would just refund to keep the feedback
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us