Alpine Type R's 2 12's Please Read

Username: Sickaccord1

Post Number: 2
Hi guys im new to the forums and also a newbie when it comes to car audio.

I just have a couple of questions. Ive heard many good things about the Alpine type R's and thats what ill probably end up with since there cheap. But lately ive been hearing that the new alpine type R's suck. So im curious can someone clear this up for me..and also feel free to give your opinions on alternatives and amps for the subs. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1687
The type R is an excellent budget sub. Whoever said the new ones are crap doesn't know what they are talking about. The new ones are better than the old ones. Let us know your budget and the voice coils on the subs and we can suggest an amp that would fit them very nicely.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 233
alpine type r's are sick especially for the price. i love mine :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14312
very nice subs. they get loud and clean. i've heard the new ones and they are just as good as the older models.

Post Number: 3
hey thnxs for the feedback..as for voice coils ill probably go for 4 layer dual...im looking 2 spend about $1000 on everything..but ill go more if necessary..i want da system to sound great..i also want a good box 2..maybe ported or bandpass cause i listen to a lot of reggae and rap..and also r da type r's good for those type of enclosures?

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1690
Are you planning to build the box yourself?? If not there are many box builders on this site that will be able to help you out a lot with that. Also does that 1000 include a headunit or do you have that already?

Post Number: 4
i plan on having someone build me the box..so im gona need a box builder..as for head unit..im gona stick with stock for now

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4835
as for the box, i just got my new box from bj at www.fishercustoms.com. very nicely priced and great box, best i've had so far. all my future boxes are going to be from him. email him for a price quote, he'll get back to you really quick.

Post Number: 5
thnxs ill be sure to do that

Bronze Member
Username: Chuck78

Post Number: 84
agreed on fisher customs, he makes amazing boxes

but you really should get a new head unit...

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 962
whats your budget man???

i got some stuff for sale.. two ssd's and a sealed box with a HU if ya want it

two ssd's plus box 350 plus actualy shipping

pioneer premier deh680 175 shipped

Post Number: 7
think im gona stick wid da alpines and stock head unit for now cause im gona upgrade to a flip out in da future..but as for the alpines im still gona need an amp..ne ideas guys?

alpines are gona be 4 layer dual..in a ported box..and im looking to spend 200-400 on an amp

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3788
The reason that you hear that the new Type R's suck is because when they first came out they weren't that great.I heard a few problems with them when they first came out.I know of a bunch of kids that were having problems with the surround blowing apart but that is no longer a problem that I hear these days.However,the rumors will always be out there floating around for any piece of equipment whether it's true or totally false.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 243
get a sundown sae-1000 thats what im doing. i have 2 type r's. it'll give the subs a good 500 plus each which is perfect. talk to kevin holden he can get you a good price he gave me one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us