How much wire should i get?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1477
im gonna have 4 runs of 1/0 from back batt to front batt. i have about 20 ft laying around of wire in small lengths ill do for amps to fuse holder and big 3 but i need an idea of how much 1/0 i need from the BACK OF AN SUV TO THE FRONT BATTERY. granted im not sure on my next vehicle but im guessin 4 runs would come out to about 60 ft (15 ft per run?) am i right or do i need more or less

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11823
er y not simply use as piece of string layed out as u would have the wire ran & then measure it ......

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1478
well i could but i dont have my vehicle yet. im trying to get all the wire now and then when i go and buy my whip put my system together the next day

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4834
i'd play it safe and order more, around 80ft. even if it's to much at least you had it if needed, plus it doesn't hurt to have the extra wire cause you know the prices are always going up. but if i remember right one installer told me (cause i'm looking to get an suv also) for power runs in suvs' there about 15-17ft. a run. don't know if that's true or not, never had nothing but cars.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us